A few words of gratitude from Team Roon šŸ™

Looking back now, I can honestly say that my lifetime Roon membership has been my favorite audio purchase to date.

10 Likes

I discovered Roon two years ago, and it dramatically improved the way I enjoy my music every day. Canā€™t thank you enough!

7 Likes

Happy New Year @jamie & Team Roon

I hope you all, and your loved ones had a wonderful Christmas.

Thank you for your kind words of appreciation.

Keep up the great work Team Roon :heart:

6 Likes

I have also a lifetime subscription since some days.
I understand the combination from Roon with Qobuz:

• as an interactive music magazine/newspaper (bios, pics, reviews, lyrics)
  • as my own disco (I am the best file jockey here in my flat)
  • as a paradise wherein known and unknown music flows and flows ā€¦

Long live, Roon!

10 Likes

You got it, man! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I was an early ā€œliferā€ using Roon. I have learned the ins and outs of Roonā€™s many services through some trial and error, but more often by reading the forums. It seems for every query I had regarding Roon there were answers provided by other members, usually within hours of my posting. These members are what makes Roon such a joy to use, along with the Roon development team. I have been fortunate; my problems have been few and far between, and usually easy to solve. I am looking forward to many years of using Roon. Thank you.

16 Likes

Roon gets me through my day and is easily the most significant audio purchase Iā€™ve madeā€¦Canā€™t give a higher compliment than that. Thanks for all of your efforts. Onward and upward for the new year!

4 Likes

Bom Ano Novo from Portugal. I would like to also share my appreciation of Roon. Having used Meridian equipment for over 20 years, although aware of the potential of Sooloos, I held off purchasing for years, mainly because I didnā€™t like the Sooloos hardware and the lack of Classical (Composer) support.

Roon converted me completely - amazing functionality, platform agnostic, much better Classical functionality and best of all - bring your own hardware (ROCK is genius). I was so impressed that I became an early ā€œliferā€, and my faith in the product and the team has been more than rewarded. Roon is by far my best audio purchase in the last 40 years.

However, the most unexpected and valuable benefit has been from my participation in this Community - great people, great advice and some amazing new music discoveries. And a particular thanks to Jamie for starting the Roon Music Blog: Classical Community Conversations - itā€™s a great place to discover new and old classical music from Roon members - and much appreciated!

8 Likes

Hey @SandsOfArrakis! No worries there; everyone is welcome! All you really need to enjoy and use Roon is a love for music and a compatible computer.

Many folks have gotten the impression that Roon requires high-end equipment - and thatā€™s not the case at all. In fact, thereā€™s quite a range of high-value, low-cost Roon Ready devices that work incredibly well with Roon. The iFi Zen DAC you mentioned is a perfect example.

When people ask me if Roon is right for them, I ask three simple questions:

1. Do you love music?
  2. Do you want your music to sound great?
  3. Is your music enjoyment worth the price of a nice lunch each month?

If the answer to those questions is yes, then Roon is for you.

9 Likes

Youā€™re right of course. I was under that impression a bit to be honest. I mean judging some folks their gear. :slightly_smiling_face:

To answer your questions : 1. Aye. 2. Definitely. 3. Make it a full dinner (lifetime) :wink:

I also love the daily mixes Roon offers based on my music preferences. They are generally spot on. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Wonderful, youā€™re definitely one of us!

4 Likes

Other than wife and kids, etc., I have had four main passions in my life.

Playing drums - 1959 to 2000
Flying airplanes - 1963 to 2020
Drag racing - 2001 to 2014
Roon (Tidal and Qobuz) - 2019 to present and beyond

Thatā€™s an indication of how seriously I take my Roon experience.

11 Likes

Love Roonā€¦! Keep it cominā€™ā€¦!

3 Likes

Happy 2023 to the team and community.

Thanks for apple silicon native, Arc, Arc bit-perfect USB for android, user customisationā€¦ Thanks for everything!

6 Likes

Congratulations on a very productive and successful year. Roon has completely changed how I listen to music and now ARC is doing the same. Looking forward to what 2023 will bring.

5 Likes

Congrats on an outstanding 2022 team roon. I liked the increased YouTube series as well in 2022. Last yearā€™s outperformance pulled me over to lifetime membership by the summer. When ARC cameā€¦I was in heaven. Though it caused me to buy better gear to travel for work with roonā€¦heaven indeed. My wish for 2023 is Apple Music to the platform :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great product and great forum. Happy New Year.

2 Likes

Wonderful accomplishments all! Thank you!! Where can I find out more about the enhanced audio analysis of local files listed in your 2022 highlights?

2 Likes

Hey @my_changed_username and @bill_perkins

Sorry for the delayed response, you asked for more details regarding

Some customers reported that analysis of local files seemed to be overly frequent. Others reported slower than expected analysis for small to moderate libraries. So we looked into those reports and made adjustments. We also tweaked our audio analysis recipe a bit, but the chef guards those details:

Roon 1.8 (Build 970) is Live!
Roon 1.8 (Build 987) is Live!
Roon 2.0.1 and ARC 1.0.2 are live!

The Now Playing screen changes involved feature suggestions submitted here on Community, including tweaks to ensure Art Director submissions look their best. We also made some backend changes for improved graphics handling in Roon across all platforms.

4 Likes

Roons life time sub was the best thing I got me for Holidays and years to come

3 Likes