Airplay on Atom shows twice

Just powercycled my Naim and it’s added it again. Funnily though it’s adding it using a different name than is configured for the Atom seems to be using its original naming when it’s first setup.

new release, lotta airplays…

I have turned off airplay on my Atom but this was happening every power cycle of the Atom. So perhaps the theory that Noris put forward about it using a different port for each instance is true but why is Roon not clearing the old ones no longer in use?

Hi,

Thanks for confirming the behavior is the same in 1.8, I have updated the ticket to reflect this. We are still investigating the root cause, but once there’s been any updates to the ticket, we’ll let you know.

@noris did this mystery get resolved?

Hi @CrystalGipsy ,

I don’t see any recent activity on the ticket unfortunately, but I did notice a similar thread regarding duplicate devices:

Are you by any chance running a DNS reflector on your setup? If you run the same dns-sn scan that Chad did, do you see multiple entires show up?

If you look closely, you’ll see that @CrystalGipsy was also active on that thread. I’m reasonably certain he’s seen my resolution.

I do have mdns on my router as I have my Chromecasts on a different subnet so it is needed. But no I dont get anything like Chad has and my Chromecasts have never repeated… Only Airplay on the Atom. I don’t have airplay active on it at moment. I can do some experiments to see if it makes any difference. But I cannot change my network permamantly for this as it won’t work for other things I have setup.

13 instances of unremovable Hegel H390s now!

Hegel says it’s “Roon’s problem”. To me it’s a Roon-Hegel-H390 problem. Don’t 'cha love it?

Hey @Henry_Pajak – Today’s build may have fixed this for ya, can you take the update and let us know? Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.