Album overview scrolls

the question arises: do i have more money or more patience…

I tend towards the latter
I think it makes more sense to think about cooling?!

While that’s probably correct, I would delete them anyway just in case. Mass-deleting empty folders is rather easy, there’s e.g. this tool for Windows:

https://www.jonasjohn.de/red.htm

(nevertheless have a backup)

I used a program like this 20 years ago, unfortunately it didn’t have a backup, it cost me half my collection back then…was the reason for me to create one or two backups (each around 20TB).
…besides, the folders aren’t empty, mostly they still contain covers, often text files and sometimes also flac files (which roon forgot to delete).
One of my problems is the time, I’m not retired yet…

Ah yeah right. Maybe (probably) there are other GUI tools that are configureable (delete if folder contains only particular file types and/or number of files, or something like that), or else it can be done with a script

1 Like

Everything in its time, at the moment for example I’m still busy renaming folders so that roon assigns them correctly…(have to rename in CD 1, CD 2…)
rename

30 years collecting without roon, a lot to do… (for exampel)

and the folder

This looks much like another recent case where it was found out that having a huge number of subfolders and/or files in a folder is bad for Roon performance.

THX,
have you already read everything bout roon?!

I am definitely spending too much time here :wink:

If you have too much time, you could help me reorganise my collection!

:slight_smile: I have too little, hence why spending so much of it here has become a bit of a problem :wink:

that means you are retired. pensioners never have time…:wink:

I wish! :surfing_man: :skier:

good evening…

1 Like