Albums by Composer not showing up under Composers -> Composed By (2)

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I found another “fix” for this problem. Two albums listed Olivier Messiaen in the Roon credits under Composer and Liner Notes. Those two albums did not show up under Composed by. After removing Olivier Messiaen from Liner Notes, they showed up under Composed By.

Seems like the same bug as Albums by Composer not showing up under Composers -> Composed By

and

Note this issue is not due to the file tags. The file tags are correct and only have the composer tag. The problem is due to the Roon added metadata where Olivier Messiaen appears (incorrectly) twice.

EDIT Is there a bulk way to remove Liner Note credits?

Hey @mktmkt,

That’s a great workaround! Thanks for sharing :pray:

To answer your question, I wonder if this would help:

Thanks for the pointer to bulk editing. I think the Composed By behavior is that if the Composer appears in any other tag, then then work does not appear under Composed By. So I don’t see a build edit fix, and the real fix is to fix the faulty logic.

Can you confirm that this is the logic being used?

Hey @mktmkt,

I don’t think that the name entered for Composer should be prohibited in any other field in order for Composer display to work correctly. Let me look into this and get back to you.

3 Likes

Hi @mktmkt,

Just wanted to let you know that the team is aware of the issue and a fix is in the pipeline. In the meantime, please continue to use the work around of ensuring that the Composer name isn’t entered in any other metadata fields. For now, having the composer in another field is causing a strange interaction in some cases.

Super! Delighted that you were able to make progress on this.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.