Allo DigiOne board

What OS are you using ?

1 Like

I tried lates OS volumio and MoodeAudio and tried on some another RS PI to make sure GPIO working correctly.I tried to use BossDAC replace for DigiOne and it was working but DigiOne is no. Could you have any advise for me? I have 2 faulty board in the same problem :frowning:

I sent you a PM , will have our team look at it.

Of interest to this thread - a very positive review from John Darko:

2 Likes

I got my DigiOne unboxed and plugged in yesterday.

First thing I played was Pink Floyd’s Wish You Were Here 96kHz 24bit version and straight away I thought yes, this is an awesome bit of kit.

I then found myself spending the next couple of hours playing various albums and falling in love with my hifi once again.

Great bit of kit, very easy to setup and defo recommend!

1 Like

@allo.com Congratulations on the digital audio review! :thumbsup:

1 Like

Thx you very much :slight_smile:

We had a small party in the office yesterday.

6 Likes

No QA testing or shipping orders this morning then! :laughing:

Seriously, congrats - it’s well deserved.

QA and shipping are a bit slower today…but everything will be sent on time.

1 Like

I am using IQAudio DIGI+ with RPI, with digital coax out. Would you please let me know what I am missing if not use Allo DIGIOne? Thanks

Hi !

I’m pretty certain that you will miss some authorization and tune in the bass, more metallic cymbals, easier to hear small details in the background, less fatigue in other words more vinyl / analog sound. I’ve used Hifiberry digi+ pro before Digione was on the market. My Digione transport is feeding Hegel HD30 attached to Linn Klimax Kontrol hooked to a pair of Klimax Solo wich is conducting my System Audio Pandion 30. And this system reveals a lot and gives new insights.

Hi Shahryar_Sedghi,

I had the IQAudio Digi+. Replaced it with the Hifiberry Digi Pro (because I thought 2 oscillators would mean an improvement) but that difference was minimal. Then, after quit some consideration and readingdiscussions from the forummembers, I bought the DigiOne. The difference in sound quality is very obvious, even deaf people will hear it immediately… More open, more separation, more details etc. My advise is to stop hesitation and replace your IQAudio with the DigiOne. You will not be disappointed. Good luck with the decision!..Peter…

Thanks to both @Peter_Van_Dijk & @Erik_Hansson. Another question would be how it compares to WYRD ($99 as cheap as Digione, much lower noise) or EITR (179, USB to SPDIF) by Schiit?

In this case we can use RPI USB out port.

1 Like

DigiOne and Ropiee infused Raspberry 3 a major upgrade in SQ wonderfull soundstage width and depth. Highly recomended even with a modest system. DAC used Arcam irDAC first gen.

5 Likes

Got my board today. The case was a bit of a challenge, took me a while to figure out to remove the nut on the bnc. Other than that, very easy. Made a Volumio SD card yesterday, but decided to go with DietPi.

First listen was Springsteen solo from 2005, Belfast. Very nice.

BNC cable from Blue Jeans on order.

2 Likes

9 posts were split to a new topic: Audio drops with DigiOne [SOLVED: Defective Amp]

Hi Johan @allo.com

A stupid question!
I don’t have to upgrade my USBridge when everything is working perfectly?
Because even if it’s support higher than 32/384 and DSD 512 so don’t my B.M.C PureDac support higher than 32/384 and DSD 128!
And I don’t have any DSD music higher than 128!

Wait until we release the GUI version

1 Like

Does using head room will limit sound quality on a digione Diet pi setting or it may help to adapt to the good volume for the dac?

Since this is a digital transport , use it at 100% volume and control the volume using your DAC/AMP