Allo DigiOne board

What do you mean by GUI version?

Dan and allo are working on a new version of the dietpi thats has a Graphical User Interface. (usbridge)

Great, thanks. So it will only work for usbridge or also DigiOne?
By the way I am very happy with the performance of the DigiOne (fed by an Sbooster Lpsu). It has surpassed the quality of every USB source I have tried with my Marantz HD-DAC1, including nano iUSB 3.0 + iSilencer (followed by Singxer F1 or not), Silex DS-510 and others.

DigiOne works on RPI , USBridge on Sparky. The GUI comes for Usbridge (sparky) , will come for RPI in the future .

We are testing the GUI already tx you @Dan_Knight :slight_smile:

1 Like

We need that dietpi image for digione too!

yeap comming

A post was merged into an existing topic: Audio drops with DigiOne [SOLVED: Defective Amp]

Hi there, I got my digione today in the mail, Iā€™ve been using 502dac from pi2desing, out of the box sound is much clear, relaxed and balanced, congratulations allo team! you made a really good job with this board!

1 Like

Thx you , we appreciate it . :slight_smile:

Hi

I wonder if anyone can advise on an issue Iā€™m having. Hereā€™s my setup:

Volumio on Raspberry 3 Model B -> Allo Digione -> coax -> chord mojo -> akg k550 headphones. Roon remote on iPad.

So this set up works fine, however, Iā€™ve noticed that when the Mojo is switched off I can hear hum/interference through the headphones. Working back through the Audio chain the interference stops when I touch any part of the Allo or RPi circuit board or either of the output connectors on the Allo. So Iā€™m thinking that my body is grounding this interference. When I switch the Mojo back on the interference disappears so Iā€™m presuming the Mojo is doing some sort of filtering when active.

Anybody else have this experience? Is there something I can do to ā€˜groundā€™ the RPi/Allo?

Incidentally I also listen to my Mojo through the same headphones via. USB on my MacBook and iPad and I donā€™t get this interference hence Iā€™ve isolated it to the RPi/Allo.

Many thanks for any advice.

Iā€™ve solved the problem. The ifi I power I was using to power the rPi was the cause of the interference (oh the irony given itā€™s meant to be an ā€˜ultra low noiseā€™ supply). Swapped it with an Apple iPad charger and some random micro usb cable I had lying around and the interference has gone.

This leaves me with the question - given the amount of filtering on the digione do I even need an ultra low noise psu for the rPi/Allo combo?

Glad you solved the problem. Grounding and interference are very hard to pinpoint or solve.

Regarding your questionā€¦theoretically no. Practically , you have multiple kind of noise. Ifi PSU is great at solving the differential noise . However our filtering is also great for it.

Then you have the ā€œcommon mode noiseā€. Ifi psu is not great at solving those, but we do have a filter for that. Then you have ā€œleakage currentsā€. At last you have noise injected back into mains and picked up by your DAC/AMP

All this to say that PSU can make a difference even though we have designed the DigiOne with great care.

1 Like

Thank Johan. Iā€™m going to stick with the iPad charger/random-microUSB cable combo for now as it seems to be working fine :slight_smile:

Odd. The ifi is fine with my RPi/DigiOne.

Itā€™s highly probable that Iā€™ve just got a faulty ipower.

Just installed ifi with the DigiOne today (10/6/2017). So far, so good.

There were some faulty ones in early batches but it shouldnā€™t be happening now.

1 Like

HI,

Yesterday I received my Digione and i have to say Iā€™m super happy with the sound quality, definitely a step ahead of my old hifiberry digi+

Iā€™m just having an issue tho, after a certain time of inactivity (probably a couple of hours) I have to restart the rpi in order to get sound from the device.
Iā€™m using Dietpi software.

Does anyone incurred in the same problem?

Also, any chance to get rid of the pop/click when changing from a DSD track to a PCM?

Thank you :slight_smile:

I have a similar problem but using Volumio and it doesnā€™t always happen. Like you my DAC and Roon stop seeing the RPi/Digione and I either have to do a soft restart of volumio via its web interface or unplug/plug back in the power to the RPi.

1 Like

In my case Roon sees the Rpi but when I start the reproduction it doesnā€™t play any sound