Android app hanging then goes black

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
ROCK latest build

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Unfii router/switches/access pointds

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Not relevant

Description Of Issue
@support
I have posted before but at the time put it down to Android cache being a bit suspect after app update, but I am getting this issue more regular now.

I am using remote on Google Pixel 4 which is up to date on latest Android 12. If the app is left running but not used for a while when resumed it will at some point lock up, if I then try to minimise it or send it to the background display goes completely blank and nothing restores it except a restart of the app.

This is becoming quite common and a bit of a pain. I use my phone as primary remote so would really like to get to the bottom of why the apps just crashing. I have cleared app cache, uninstalled and it’s still the same so.any assistance on getting to the bottom of this would be helpful.

Thanks CG.

Hi @CrystalGipsy,

Are there any battery saving settings on this device and, if so, is Roon excluded from these settings?

Roon is excluded from battery optimisation. It makes no difference if this is on or off though same issue happens.

Hi @CrystalGipsy,

Is this the same issue you reported here?

It sounds like in the previous thread this behavior has impacted your Samsung Tab S2 and One Plus 5 and now it is impacting your Pixel 4, is this correct?

Did you have a chance to test on a different network setup to see if the issue reproduces?

Hi @noris yes same issue that’s been on all Android devices for some time. I have only one network and that’s not changing for anything as its exactly how I want it and is 100% stable so it’s not possible to try it on another.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.