App on iphone doesn't recognize account and won't open

Hey @Richard_Rothman,

Thanks a whole lot for sharing all the information the wonderful volunteers on our community asked for. They will be extremely helpful to our tech @support team to help with the update.

I’m sorry I am not able to help from this point on.

Please, stay tuned.

No reply after 5 hrs and now I have different music playing when I switch from ‘system output’ to Mojo 2 which I set up as a listening device. I’m completely lost here. Is there anyone who knows what’s going on and how to fix it?

You have different music playing because your “system output” and your Mojo 2 are two different Zones. Zones are independent from each other and each have their own music queues, although Zones of the same type can be grouped to play one queue of music to all the Zones in the Group. Please read this Help article for more information:

As for the response from the Support team - they are less than a handful of people and they operate a queue system to deal with requests. Unfortunately, the queue is large at the moment, so you’ll have to rely on the rest of us volunteers helping you out where we can.

1 Like

Since your issue does not appear to related to your account, but rather to how you have set up Roon, I’ve changed this thread from a private message back into a public thread in the #support category.

Can you summarise the situation as it currently stands?

You appear to be able to play music to both the system output on your Mac (which is used for your Roon Core) and to your Mojo.

I assume that you are using the Roon Control (the Roon GUI) on your Mac to do this, but you still cannot use your iPad or your iPhone to control Roon. Correct?

If so, then the next thing to check is that your WiFi network (used by the iPad and the iPhone) is using the same IP subnet as your Mac. Can you tell us if this is the case?

@beka it seems that there was an unfortunate confusion about versions here. Build 1311 was released indeed, but only for PCs. See:

For iOS and Android, the latest version at this time remains Build 1303 as was announced here:

2 Likes

Hey @Suedkiez,

Thank you a million for writing this reply! I have found out (too late) that that is the case. The reference I saw was this:

I appreciate you setting the record straight here :pray:

@Richard_Rothman, I am truly sorry for having guided you on a wrong path. It wasn’t intentional — there was a gap in my knowledge.

Our @support team should reach back out to you at the soonest.

1 Like

Incredibly helpful! Thank you so much, Geoff.

I have checked the IP address, and router address on all three devices and they all have the same first 7 digits: 192.168.1.
The subnet is the same on all three devices: 255.255.255.0

I don’t know what Roon GUI is. I have the Roon app on my laptop and I have deleted Roon Arc and Roon Remote from my phone and ipad.

To summarize the the current situation: Roon Arc does not recognize my account when I log in on my iphone.

Thank you so much for your help, Geoff! I’m eager to hear your thoughts.

Thanks so much, Beka! I’m looking forward to getting this working. Aside from the difficulties in getting it going, I love the platform.

And one more update: Roon Remote installs and works on the iphone, but Roon Arc still doesn’t recognize my log in info. Thanks

Sorry - GUI is the acronym for Graphical User Interface, so for example, this is the “Home” screen of Roon’s GUI of Roon running on my PC:

This is the “Home” screen of the Roon Remote app on my Android Smartphone:

and this is the “Home” screen of my Roon ARC app:

You say:

Roon Arc does not recognize my account when I log in on my iphone.

What error message are you getting? And have you first set up ARC by going to Settings > Roon ARC in Roon on your Mac? If it’s setup correctly, you should see something like this:

Thanks again for the clear communication, Geoff.

Yes, that is the interface I’m seeing on my Mac, and the Roon Arc page in Settings has the purple check mark saying it’s accessable.

I am not getting an error message when I log in to Roon Arc. It just doesn’t take me to a next step or let me in.

I suppose this is the case when your phone is connected to your home wifi, correct?

1 Like

Yes, that’s correct, Suedkiez. Thank you

OK, so whether Roon ARC has already been configured to work from outside your home shouldn’t matter for now. The whole topic took a few unfortunate detours and has become a bit confusing, but after re-reading it, it seems that the only issue for now is that you can’t log into the Roon ARC app, correct? I.e., Roon works fine on the laptop and so does the Roon Remote app on iPhone and iPad?

1 Like

Exactly, Suedkiez. Thank you.

Any idea what the problem with Roon Arc is? Thanks