ARC fails when syncing to core [Update to Build 1148]

Hello All,

Thank you for trying the workaround and sorry to hear that it didn’t help. I wanted to touch base with some good news, which is that we have a fix in testing regarding this issue. We hope to release this via a Roon update to everyone as soon as it is ready, thank you.

1 Like

Hi,

I deleted my custom tags under My Stuff > Tags. This solved the syncing issue and Arc works. Thanks!

Same here :rofl::ok_hand:but it will take a lot of time to make/set up those 108 tags (best of albums etc.) again :see_no_evil::cry::weary:

Guys please don’t delete your existing tags permanently. I don’t think the last support post meant this either but more as a check on the customer side to confirm efforts for a permanent fix. That fix will be on the core/database, not removing the unfortunately limited way Roon even now deals with custom metadata.
For Roon support please prove this true. And that said we’re now on 6 weeks of this, that’s not impressive.

Okay - after a long few weeks I mustered the strength and deleted the tags and yeah! ARC works!! Small price to pay to get a mobile Roon to work for you. Thank you all.

No offense but that’s a small price to pay for you, the rest of this post is not aimed at you either but at Roon’s currently very lacking support.
I (and I presume others) have to use custom tags to get around major weaknesses in Roon’s local library management. I’m not going to undo years of work that is wholly and 100% for Roon and of zero value to my other media players because after coming on 2 months they cannot provide a fix for an apparently broken database function.

Still waiting for a resolution to this. ARC remains unusable for me (and I suspect many others) due to this database issue.

Hi, my ARC (Early Access) on iPhone 12 pro just stopped working when I switched track, a couple of hours ago. Tried deleting ARC, downloaded ARC production, still same issue: ‘something went wrong while syncing to your Roon Core’, which is found and recognized, so it must be up and running. I am away from home for work until tonight and this is pretty annoying. I always praised the surprising ARC ability to work in every situation (driving, with slow connection, etc) and now it just doesn’t work anymore.

Following to my previous message: once at home, I restarted everything, and then it all worked again. I must say that ARC worked steadily as a rock since I started test trial, (and I was impressed by that), but after the last updates, I had numerous problems with ARC not connecting to my core, etc. Last issue this morning when, while listening, I pressed the side button to sleep the screen, and ARC crashed.

Hello All,

I wanted to touch base with some good news, the Roon release from earlier this week contained a change that should help resolve this issue.

For those that experienced this sync failure, can you please try to update to the latest Roon release (Build 1148 or higher) and let us know if the issue is resolved on your end?

Please do let us know when possible, and once again, thanks for everyone’s patience!

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Roon ARC doesn’t open on Android

A post was split to a new topic: ARC Can’t find Core

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.