ARC with Fritz!Box —> Topic new: ISP with port forwarding needed

Hello,

does anyone use a core behind a Frit!Box (6690).
Can’t get it work, I’ll think because of NAT Settings.

Please Info if anyone got same problem or Solution:

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“status”: “status”: MultipleNatFound
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.178.1”,“found_upnp”:true}
}

You have to open the port or let Roon do it for you, you have to do it manually or enable upnp. Have a look into the faqs, it’s pretty well documented

allowing port-acess from ROCK did it for me

1 Like

That diagnostic message says that it found multiple NATs - what is your network configuration? Are you running a mesh with a different IP address range to your router?

I tried this and Fritzbox also shows “1 aktiv”, unfortunately it still doesn’t work for me. Did you do any extra settings in your Fritzbox?

I’m running a mesh with my Fritzbox (there are no repeaters, don’t know why its a mesh). I get this message in Roon ARC:

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“myIPaddress”,“router_external_ip”:“”},
}

UPnP is enabled in my Fritzbox, also I tried port forwarding like @Achim_Weimer suggested.

I had the same problem and getting a static IP address from my ISP solved the problem. They had a NAT assigning my NAT a private IP address. Too many NATs!

didnt change anything else (upnp is on)

How do I get a static IP address?
I really have to contact my ISP now because Roon decides for a complicated update?
Why do I need to do this now, everything worked with “Roon 1.0”? I’m really baffled how I’m locked out of the product I’m paying for now. With no real support and a support page saying “please contact your ISP”… nice.

Set back to Factory default without any help.

This only applies to Roon ARC which is for access when you are away from home. You still use the standard Roon Remote apps to access Roon at home as you always have.

Roon ARC is for access when you are away from home on the go…

You call your ISP to get a static IP address…if you aren’t going to use Roon ARC away from home, you can ignore all of this.

Please see if these steps for correct port forwarding for a Fritz!Box setup will work for you:

Okay, thanks - Problem identified: DS Lite Tunnel IPv4 over IPv6, with dynamic IP from ISP : NetAachen / NetColongne.

So far I don’t find a solution - will check if ISP will Provide a static IP, but I don’t thonk so.
I think it will be easier to use qobuz app on mobile. :slight_smile:

I did the step by step guide. But I think the issue is that my ISP is Vodafone Germany. Like in the linked threads (Link 1 and Link 2), as a Vodafone Germany customer you don’t get a static IPv4 address, my Fritzbox uses a DS-Lite-Tunnel as IPv4. I’m no expert in this but this seems to be the problem according to the linked threads.

1 Like

I think you are correct.

Hope my ISP will offer me a solution…

Note that you don’t necessarily need a fixed IPv4 address. Just one that can be port-forwarded. (It’s possible that they only offer both in a package, but a fixed one is almost certainly more expensive unless you are lucky with your ISP)

Noted - thanks 4 Info

Für alle deutschsprachigen Fritzboxnutzer:

Es geht nicht um eine feste IP beim Provider!

Du kannst unter Netzwerk => Netzwerkverbindungen beim jeweiligen Gerät hinten auf den Bleistift klicken. dort „ Diesem Netzwerkgerät immer die gleiche IPv4-Adresse zuweisen“ und „ Selbstständige Portfreigaben für dieses Gerät erlauben“ anklicken.

Dann noch checken, ob Netzwerkeinstellungen => erweitert UPnP aktiviert ist. Dann Änderungen speichern.

Dann sollte es funktionieren.

2 Likes

Danke/Thanks. Ist bei mir alles so eingestellt, funktioniert aber leider nicht…
I get this error message:
{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:502,“error”:“error: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 37.201.153.9:55002, response code: undefined, body: undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“xxxx”,“router_external_ip”:“”},
}

Maybe this helps to identify the issue?
Thanks.
Frank

1 Like