Arcam ST60 Roon Ready Not certified [resolved: it is now]

Here you go!!!

Read Amir’s review but also read the comments from the owners.

I was listening to music today and decided to stream with the Music Life app but now I’m not getting MQA decoded by the ST60. It used to work with mConnect app and Music Life app but not anymore. I even have photos showing MQA up to 192KHz but not anymore. I already reset it twice and same thing, no MQA. I’m so glad my dealer allowed me returning this thing. Can’t wait for next week to get my new streamers and return the ST60… Now I can see why it hasn’t pass the Roon Ready certification.

Would you be happy with the ST-60 if it were Roon Ready?

After owning it for a more than 2 months, I can say that even with Roon Ready Certification, it’s not the right streamer for me. Sound is good and it has a few things that I really like but it’s buggy and it has no USB input which makes no sense at this price point. The last firmware update was released 4 months ago so that tells you the level of commitment from ARCAM. I have reported to ARCAM two bugs already, both of them replicated by ARCAM but no fix yet. My dealer is allowing me to return it for an exchange so not going to pass that opportunity. If the ST60 gets the Roon Ready Certification and all bugs sorted out in the near future, I might consider purchasing it again.

1 Like

How the heck do they know that the HDA range of AVRs will have certified status soon??? What if they have more problems than the ST60?? IMHO, it is irresponsible of Arcam to make such a statement.

found a bug during this weekend but proberbly not worth to report beacuse they don´t care. it included max volume and it makes the remote crash but phone still work as remote.

I have mine set on fix volume but I don’t use the Music Life app, I only use Roon.

Fixed volume on mine never survived a standby off and back on, kept reverting back to variable but at a vol of 99 so effectively full volume / fixed but the volume buttons worked…

Did you set the Fixed Volume directly on the ST60 or via Music Life app? I did mine directly in the ST60 and it stays with Fixed Volume even after a hard reboot. Make sure to select ON when you enter on Fixed Volume menu, though.

Arcam is advertising with Roon certified soon, whatever that might be.
For me Arcam is history after their behaviour for the last 6 months towards customers. You are right Enrico, reporting bugs and the last firmware update was over 4 months ago, that’s not what you expect from a manufacturer. Maybe they have too many models and drowning in coding.

Cheers John

Screenshot 2021-03-31 at 08.32.04

1 Like

I finally got the new Arcam ST60 this week. I’ve been using arcam devices for a long time and finally wanted a high-quality Roon ready endpoint to be able to play high-resolution music from my server and from Tidal including MQA.
But now I had to find out that the ST60 in Roon is set to “not certified” and I cannot use RAAT and MQA.
Is it possible to get the developer mode until Arcam has officially completed certification?

Thanks in advance!

Martin

Screenshot 2020-12-12 104132

We don’t have that unit in-home yet – turning on developer mode for it isn’t an option because I have no idea how well it works.

Did they sell it to you as “Roon Ready”?

In the meanwhile, it does support Chromecast and Airplay, both of which should be enough to getting MQA working.

Hello Danny,
thanks for your quick response.
Yes they sell it as Roon Ready! The first response from Arcam support was to fill out the form in this community to activate developer mode and get Roon Ready up and running.

Are you in contact to Arcam to get this product Roon Ready?

Unfortunately I can’t tell if MQA really works as I can only set it up in Roon in Chromecast, but with Chromecast, Arcam’s display doesn’t work :frowning:

Chromecast:

Airplay:

I am very disappointed with Arcam. They offer a well-equipped network streamer and they forget to get software working.

Is there any other way but to return the device?
I’m now a big fan of Roon, but would also like to use all of the high-resolution features natively.

Best regards
Martin

1 Like

Our Roon Ready team has been notified of this. We’ll straighten them out and get an update on where they’re at in development.

They should not be selling this as Roon Ready, nor should they be telling you to fill out developer forms.

You can wait until they get certified. I’m sure they will be good some day, but my advice as always is to never buy into any company’s promises (including our company). There are too many great products to deal with this type of nonsense.

Hey Danny,
thanks for your quick help.
I asked arcam for a statement and asked whether they are already in contact with your team regarding certification.
Another user writes on my community topic that Arcam said it would take a month.
I hope it ends well as the Arcam has an amazing sound. But without RAAT it is only half the story for such a good device.

Best regards
Martin

Hello Danny, the latest feedback from Arcam is from yesterday and says that the device is at Roon for certification. Can you confirm it?
Thanks,
Martin

Did you get any more info on Arcam ST60 certification ?.
I am in same position as you and am getting no response from Arcam over this issue.
My dealer is trying to help but not had any news yet so wondered if you knew any more. Like you I’m pretty frustrated by this !!

Mark

Hello Mark,
this is the latest reply from Arcam:

*Roon has several families of devices for testing- Uno, SA30, ST60 and Arcam / JBL AVRs. The Uno has completed testing and is certified, the SA30 is being iterated in testing alongside the ST60, and then the AVR devices, which are the most complex.

We are aware of the recent change to how Roon acts with these devices and will be working to complete that testing.

In the meantime, you can learn how to make sure the devices will keep working with Roon at this Roon Community post… [https://community.roonlabs.com/t/a-fix-for-uncertified-roon-ready-devices/120426]*

I hope we can believe what they write.

Martin

You can believe it…

However, just because we have devices doesn’t mean we are testing them constantly.

For example, if a manufacturer gets feedback on what needs to be addressed, the ball is in their court yet we still have the device.

As for progress here, there isn’t any noteworthy status until we announce something.

Hello Martin,

Thanks for the update. The dealer who supplied mine is in contact with Arcam to try and get some information but will probably come back with the same as you were told. If different I’ll let you know.

Mark