Artist Equivalence Issues

James Taylor the British acid jazz pioneer is all mixed up with James Taylor, the American singer songwriter.

Hi guys, I have 3 albums from the band Bliss. However, in Roon I have a listing for 2 different Bliss artists. The albums “Quiet Letters” and “No One Built This Moment” are grouped together but the third album “A Hundred Thousand Angels” is listed under a different Bliss. First question, is there a way for me to manually group all these albums the same artists? Second question, why is this happening?

I am having an issue with some audiobooks, which I have also added in Roon. (All albums were successfully identified.)
The artist (called “Die Dr3i”) shows up 3 times.

The artist “Die Dr3i” with 2 albums list the same albums.

The albums are

In the identification process the artist is also falsely labeled as “Die drei !!!” and in the album view the artist is displayed twice:

I have an album by The James Taylor Quarter which is also being recognized as an album by James Taylor. The album review is correct but it looks like from the album match that this album artist is also listed as another James Taylor is its confusing it with the James Taylor we all know and love. I would prefer not to unlink the album as the summary and meta data are correct. Any way I can somehow unlink James Taylor but keep James Taylor Quartet? You can see from the second screenshot this album being also listed under James Taylor.

Two different artists called Riverside. The album Newspeak by (I think) a Canadian band called Riverside, is listed as a release by the Polish band of the same name. This is a Tidal release, not sure how much control Roon has over Tidal’s metadata, but I wanted to point it out. Thanks!

All issues now are fixed (thanks!) except for that band picture above the biography. It still shows the US band, not the German band of the same name “Ideal”:

This post is feedback on the artist equivalence issue reported earlier:

The artist Scumfrog is wrongly associated with this version of DB’s Loving the Alien. There is a separate House remix from 2002, but there is no connection between the two versions.

Reggae artist Luciano is mixed up with Swiss/Chilean DJ Luciano, apparently via the “aka” path.

I have the album “Blind Behaviour” from Lucien-N-Luciano (DJ) which is credited to Lucien-N-Luciano aka Lucien.
The album “Tribute to the Sun” is from Lucien, aka for Lucien-N-Luciano. However, this album is credited to the Reggae artist.

There are two Artists combined in the entry for DOROTHY, the LA band and a Hungarian band:

I may have found the motherlode of artist equivalence issues:

Looking at new indie-folk band Joseph gives me:

which is correct. But their album discography is showing as:

Only the one I added to my library is theirs. There are 10 other albums under artists with the same name, and by my reckoning it’s a least 6 discrete bands. Sort that lot out :smile:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Problem with artist “Yusuf”

Alternative Band “Money” (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Money_(band)#Discography)

have a bunch of other albums and singles mixed in with theirs from another band/singer.

“Wire” – the english band – has a bunch of albums by some other band named “Wire” in their list…

Experimental electronica band, Darkside https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darkside_(band)

Is mixed with at least two other artists sharing the same or similar (The Darkside) name.

I have noticed some oddities with Little Steven (Steven van Zandt, Miami Steve). I have a page for him in my artist list that comes from the album “Unplugged” (with Southside Johnny). This page does list web links, but otherwise there’s no artist description, no related artists, other albums he appeared on, etc.

In the artist entry for “Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band”, Little Steven is also linked as a “Member”, but it takes me to a different “Little Steven” page. Here there is an artist description and a link back to the E Street Band, but the “Unplugged” album isn’t listed here. (I don’t have any of his solo CDs ripped yet, still on the to-do stack, so I don’t know where they would be listed …)

To add to the confusion, if I click on e.g. Springsteen’s “Live 1975-85” and there on “Credits”, there are two entries for him, “Steve VanZandt” and “Steven Van Zandt”. Both go to yet again different artist pages that list a slightly different list of Springsteen albums he appeared on, but only the latter page seems to be the “most complete” artist page, but here the “Unplugged” album isn’t listed either.

On the artist page of “Joe Jackson” are also albums of “Ranking Joe”

“Marcia Ball” is mixed with “Marcia J. Ball”. Two total different artists.

I have several albums by the Brazilian artist Maysa. However, Roon confuses her with the Baltimore-born artist Maysa Leak. Strangely, when I click on the “Maysa Leak” hyperlink in the bio that shows on my Maysa artist page, it takes me to a page for “Maysa” that has the correct biography. One of my Maysa albums shows up on both pages, but most show up on the page with the wrong biography. Both artist pages have the picture of the wrong Maysa. Under Tidal albums, a mix of albums from both Maysas show up on the page for the Baltimore Maysa, and only the albums for the Baltimore-Maysa show up on the page with the correct bio.

I seem to have two Norwegian groups, “a-ha” and “a - ha”.

Two Jeff Parkers are currently lumped, the member of Tortoise and a mandolinist.