Audio file loading slowly since Devialet RAAT

I have an Expert 250 Pro CI experiencing the intermittent ethernet disconnection problem on wired Gigabit connection (see Disappearing Experts), although I have never received the “Audio file loading slowly” message.

I have four Roon Ready devices on my network (Allo DigiOne, Allo DigiOne Signature, Ayre QX-5, Devialet Expert) and the first three work completely flawlessly. When the Expert loses its IP address all 3 IP-based protocols (RAAT, AIR, Airplay) are all affected, although the remote occasionally and temporarily misreports this, continuing to show one or more in the Zone list when they patently aren’t available. Attempting to select them then generally leads to them disappearing.

I offer the fact that (a) the Expert loses its IP address (thanks to @thumb5 who correctly pinpointed this as the underlying problem back in April), affecting (obviously) all IP-based streaming protocols and (b) that all other Roon-connected devices have functioned properly the entire time on the same network as evidence that:

• My problem is indeed a Devialet problem
  • My problem almost certainly has nothing to do with Roon or RAAT @noris @john
  • My problem almost certainly has nothing to do with my network
  • My problem likely is caused by a bug either in the Devialet software (DOS in the case of IP connectivity?) or the hardware (Ethernet port) in the Expert. A problem in the auto-sensing/auto-negotiation firmware (as I speculated in my post of 6th May) is where I would personally start.

Of course there may be more than one root cause issue here so the above four statements may not be true for all. Moderators, please feel free to move/delete this post if you suspect that is the case.