Backup failed on Windows 10

Backup has been working across my network for some time, but recently started failing consistently. Now I am trying to backup to the same PC that hiolds my library and Roon core - on another drive. My setup is Windows 10 PC with Roon core on an SSD, music library on a 2TB drive and a separate 500GB drive (otherwise empty) for Roon Backup. Roon works fine, but all attempts at backup end in: “Backup Failed at (time) / Error backing up database.”
What can I do?
Regards, Peter

In case you’re wondering about the integrity of the backup process -

BTW - I moved your post to the Support section of the forum, where it belongs and where it will get the proper support attention.

Hi,

Your topic has been moved to the support section of the forum.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Core/music/backup PC with Intel i3-3220 on Mobo Gigabyte H61N-D2V, Windows 10/64 Home version 1909. 8GB RAM. Roon 1.7 571/64 is running from C: drive Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500 GB, Music library on 2TB drive WDC WD20EARS (64693 Tracks), Backups should go to 500GB drive WDC WD5000BPKX.
This PC is connected to a Netgear switch GS108, which is also connected to a Meridian 818V3 (CAT 5E cable). The Netgear switch is then connected to the rest of the network, but all necessary action takes place in this small part of the LAN: PC (as described), Netgear switch and Meridian. Remote control is through an iPad. Roon works fine, but all attempts at backup end in: “Backup Failed at (time) / Error backing up database.”

Hello @Peter_Overbosch, and thanks for your report! As a test, could you please try to back up to a removable USB drive? Also, please let me know what time you do this. I’d like to enable diagnostics for your account so I can see what’s going on with the backup process. Thanks!

Hi Nuwriy, thanks for getting back to me. just tried to backup to an external USB drive and it failed at 19:44:31, Western European time.
Best, Peter

Thanks @Peter_Overbosch, I got the report over to the team. I’ll be back with their notes!

Hi Nuwriy,
The backup is now less important - Roon crashes consistently after the new 610 update. Re-installing does not help.
I am now considering buying a Nucleus, because this is getting ridiculous. Leave my support request for now.
Best, Peter

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.