Bluesound problems

Hi Noris, I wanted to provide an update on the situation I reported a while back. I am still using the bluesound Flex 2i (Wireless, excellent signal strength) and the Bluesound Soundbar 2i (ethernet adapter wired). I initially reported some significant problems when running the Roon Core on my Windows 10 PC. We tried a few things as per your suggestinons but we could not find a cause. I subsequently moved the Roon Core to my macbook pro 13 and the situation improved. I still got the truncation problem Bluesound Playback Truncation Problem but the situation was greatly improved.
I will soon have to move the macbook pro to a different location so I tried migrating the Roon Core back to the windows PC. Unfortuantely the problems returned and some new issues also appeared. The delays, freezes etc are back as initially reported. In addition to these I am also now encountering the problem where playback becomes ‘stuck’ at the end of tracks as reported here: What causes a track to get "stuck" at the end? and here: Roon Radio hangs at last second of a track. In my case this happens almost once every 3 or 4 tracks.
In addition to that, I find that I occasionally initiate playback with the Flex 2i and the soundbar 2i as a grouped zone. While roon shows playback has started, I only hear sound from the soundbar. I have to stop and start playback once or twice in order to get both to play music.

As in the original tests, the PC is located at the same spot as the macbook pro and they both have excellent wireless connection (speedtest confirmed) to the router 10 ft away.

Returning the core to the macbook pro partially improves the situation (although some problems remain as reported above) but unfortunately I will soon have to move the macbook pro elsewhere. Roon is unfortunately effectively unusable with the Windows 10 PC.

I fully appreciate this is a difficult set of issues to diagnose and rectify. Probably too many variables at play, especially with the super buggy bluesound devices in the picture. I am realistic and I do not anticipate a resolution but I still wanted to provide an update that may perhaps be helpful to Roon in the long term.

All the best
yiannis

1 Like