Bookmark folders

(Chris Wimlett) #1

Would it be possible to implement bookmark folders, like those in Firefox for example? With a rapidly growing number of bookmarks it would be great of have this level of organization.

1 Like
Roon 1.3 : Top Priorities
Roon 1.3 : Top Priorities
(Danny Dulai) #2

yikes, we feared this… we didnt really know how bookmarks were going to get used…

can you tell us how you are using bookmarks?

(Chris Wimlett) #3

Sorry to alarm you @danny :wink:

At the moment I use bookmarks to save various Focus configurations, for example to identify downloads from different sources (Hyperion, Qobuz, Presto Classical, etc), high resolution albums, unidentified albums, Tidal albums, etc. I also use bookmarks to group collections, e.g. the Hyperion Schubert Edition and the Harnoncourt / Leonhardt Bach Sacred Cantatas series.

In JRiver, I use smarlists to achieve the same and group them into playlist groups such as Dowloads and Collections.

Chris

(AT) #4

I was opening a thread about bookmarks but I found this so I’m here to ask basically same things.
I’d like to use bookmarks for things like ones described by chris up here (Unidentified, hiRes, Tidal, etc) or other things
For Example I could have a folder named Miles Davis with bookmarks created with tags like First quintet, Second Quintet, With Coltrane, With Gil Evans, Second Quintet, Electric etc or a Folder named Prog with bookmarks created with focus on genre and years like Proto Prog (1967-69), Golden Age (1970-1976), late Prog (1976-80) and so on.
For doing thing like this, folder organization like in Internet Browsers with folders and subfolders is necessary.

I hope this not to alarm Danny…:wink:

Thanks

andrea

(David Nightingale) #5

I’m guessing this feature request hasn’t proved popular, but I’d like to add my vote to the idea of adding bookmark folders (or some other way of nesting them). At this stage I’m not using them extensively, but only because I don’t particularly want to navigate through a long scrolling list. If I had folders I’d be able to sort them more efficiently.

Thanks,

1 Like
(Matt Williamson) #6

Throwing my vote behind this too. I love the bookmarks feature. I use it extensively to bookmark my favorite engineers, producers, record labels, focus views, etc. It was a stroke of brilliance to add this feature to begin with. I’d love to have folders so I can organize them.

Love what you all are doing! Keep up the amazing work.

Thanks,

Matt

I use bookmarks for a wide variety of track/composer/album/random stuff collections.

It would be great to have folders or some other non-structured organization method to (for example) separate track book marks from album bookmarks, or separate them by genres or random tags i’ve created to group objects.

(Music Mac) #9

I’d like to have this feature too. Over time, the number of my bookmarks has grown to a level that there needs to be some type of organization - a folder structure would be great. I currently use bookmarks to build lists of my favorite music for specific artists, genres, and composers.

Regards,
Music Mac