Build 816 does not work on Galaxy Tab S5e (SM-T720)

Continuing the discussion from No more Roon Remote for my tablet? [Resolved - Build 816 Released]:

Unfortunately build 816 still leaves my Galaxy S5e tablet looking for my core for ever…
My tablet runs Android 11.
I tried going back to build 806 but that did not fix the problem either. Possibly because 806 remotes can’t connect to a core running 814???
Please advise!

Hi @Hans_Valeton

Just to confirm, you’re able to install 816 okay, it’s just not able to connect to your Core?

If you choose the Help option and enter the IP address manually does that allow the connection to be made?

Can you give some details on your network setup?

Thanks!

Hi @dylan

Yes, I am able to install build 816 without problems.
But after I start the app on my tablet, it just stays “looking for your Roon Core”.
I tried the Help function just now. I entered the local IP address (10.0.0.11) of the PC running the core and hit “Scan” but to no avail.

For info on my network setup:

My wife has a Samsung A40 smartphone running Android 11 as well. On build 814 it could not connect to the core. After updating the Roon remote to build 816 it still fails to connect to the core.
Perhaps this is related to Android 11?
I ask because my own Samsung S7 which still runs Android 8 and has Roon remote build 814 installed can connect to the core all right. I don’t dare to upgrade the Roon remote on my S7 to build 816…

@dylan
I am happy (and just a little bit ashamed) to report that after restarting the PC hosting the core, I was able to connecto to the core from the tablet with the build 816 Roon Remote app.
Perhaps I should have tried rebooting in the first place…
My apologies for the unnecessary fuss…

I just tried to run the remote on my old Nexus 7 tablet without success.

My tablet is model ME370T running Android 5.1.1

I had to install using the manual download and I confirmed that it is 1.8 816.

When I tap the icon I get the splash screen that just says roon and then it closes after about 5 seconds.

Any ideas?

Perhaps you already did this but what worked for me was rebooting the machine that hosts the core. Just rebooting the core itself did not do the trick!

@Hans_Valeton I am running my CORE on a NUC with ROCK and I did reboot that to no avail. But thanks for the reply!

My CORE is running 1.8 814 and my android phone connects without issue.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.