Build 952 Feedback

Not on this feedback thread, but here:

It really is incredible. Had a party this afternoon, and everyone was pretty impressed with Roon. How easy the interface and search works. Then of course an hour later it crashed(couldn’t find nucleus core). Then a guest asked “why dont i just use Spotify or Apple Music? I didn’t have an answer.

12 Likes

Does anyone know how to roll back? Is there a repo that has all the older versions somewhere? I’ve been unable to listen to music for about a week and my current options are roll back somehow or ditch Roon (which would likely be temporary but the lack of support response galls me far more than the buggy release does).

There is no going back.

Roon doesn’t support fall back to a previous version.

I’m happy to rebuild, needed to do so once already due to the crashing taking out the database… but I need a copy of the old installer and that’s where I get stuck.

It has nothing to do with rebuilding.

As a matter of policy, Roon does not supply prior installers.

Sorry, but until things are fixed everyone has to grin and bear it.

As far as losing your database goes, you really need to be using Settings==>Backups.

I didn’t lose my backups. And at the moment I’m not remotely worried about “getting roon support” for the version I install.

I think you misunderstand what I’m saying.

Roon doesn’t offer a way to fall back to a prior version/build.

Right, apologies. I’ll start manually saving each installer before I update (so I can then roll back myself). Ta.

Yeah, some people do that. Save all the programs and the library, of course.

Still, there’s the problem of any Android/iOS Remotes.

It sometimes seems like Roon is not very responsible with the content of the Builds. Some people don’t update to a new Build until several weeks have passed and all the dust has settled.

Peace.

Yup, I’m still on 931.

Yeah, that’s the plan. Download the update when available and then sit on it for a few weeks while I see what the forums do. Of course since the main reason of paying for a subscription is to get updates it does make me wonder what I’m paying for.

1 Like

Really? Seems to be the other way round me! My system is Nucleus and remote is iPad.

Some constructive feedback…

I used Roon last night for 4 hours or so. Playback was from a fresh rock boot.

1. My IOS App crashed once. No big deal.
  2. Music played without issues at all times, I didn’t experience any frozen app states or loss of control (Which required an app close/restart) - which I had previously experienced.
  3. Roon performed my convolution 3way crossover, room correction, etc (no issues)
  4. One issue observed involves the IOS control app. If I use the app, and then listen to music for a period of time without making any command changes (say 15minutes or so), and then pickup my phone to make a command. The IOS app loads pictures, and progress bars for previously played tracks (whilst the app was not in use). Very weird.

The now playing track info/pictures, track progress bar, and volume update display what had played etc until finally it syncs with the correct track, volume and progress a few seconds later. This never happened before the IOS app overhaul.

I will say I appreciate the quick connection between IOS app and Rock server, but the experience needs some tweaking. Thanks

2 Likes

This happens to me aswell. But apart from this strange issue, everything works smooth with 952. I am especially happy with the fast reconnection of my iPad app to the core, and that is always knows where it was before I closed it.
Also an annoying pagination error finally went away. I use the back end forth buttons a lot, and before 952, the iOS app always forgot that the home screen was the first page. I always ended up on a queue page while tapping back to the first page. This behaviour is gone now.
So for me it all went well, but I hope Roon will soon have an update that will resolve the issues other people are reporting.

2 Likes

Wrong album art displayed. When open Edit Album, the images are correct ones. Only happens to iOS (Mac) remote. My iPhone displays the correct cover.

Try clearing the image cache: Settings → Setup → Clear image cache

If that doesn’t help, check your import settings: Settings → Library → Import settings

Thanks! Clearing image cache fixed the problem. For import preference, I kept the album art at “prefer best”.

1 Like

Today’s newest issue:

While using an Android when reordering the Queue, the selected song will stay highlighted and floating as if it’s being moved but the UI occasionally freezes. The only way to recover is to close the remote.

I love being an unwitting beta tester.

3 Likes

Just an observation that I have made in the last 5 day’s since my update to build 952, my Sonos device’s have not once disappeared from Roon and this would normally happen between 3 and 8 hours after a restart of the server.

I have messaged support to see if they have worked on the discovery resilience or if this is just a by product of Roon server crashing on a regular basis.

Just wondering if anyone else who has been having this issue has noticed that their Sonos device’s have stopped disappearing as well. It required a Room server restart to fix it (or use Airplay) so just curious.