Build 952 Feedback

Since I complained last week here, Roon had no crash whatsoever. Perfectly stable. Too funny.

Currently no issues anymore at all. roon core is always available. No skipping tracks… no need to restart the DAC or pi4.

If it stays solid like this I’m happy with the current version.

My system has been crashing regularly since the last update. I’m using a Sonic Transporter i9 for my Core. It just randomly restarts during a song. It’s happened many times since the update. I hope an update is coming soon!

2 Likes

No issues anymore either

Hi Stephen

Interesting, how could the issues have disappeared? it is ok now? I don’t see they released any updates or communication from them since 952. My system is still exhibiting the same problems. Glad yours is working now.

Not sure,
I’ve had two 4 hour listening sessions, with no app issues/delayed syncing etc

I have had no issues if I play for 4 hours, the issues come back as soon I stop Roon and wait like 2 or 3 hours. I haven’t experienced any drops or issues while playing after a fresh Roon app restart. It’s the same behavior with macOS and Windows 11.

1 Like

OK, so the App sync issue happens on my ipad, but I don’t seem to notice it on my current model iphone.

Snap with ‘queue floating’ in Android remote.
Screenshot attached: the song Care For doesn’t care for getting back in line.

Are you also seeing frequent playback dropouts and performance issues with this Build?

The two seem unrelated, except the second issue often triggers when switching view to Queue (only 24 items queued on my latest crash 10 mins ago!) It is also far worse, and needs full ROCK reboot in my case.

1 Like

Yes, we see similar issues. With 952, sometimes it will play for several hours and other times it will stop and freeze after 10 minutes.

4 Likes

No, I don’t have those issues. I have UI freezes and random core reboots.

It’s almost like a satanic version of Bingo at this point.

This is also happening on iPads (12.9 pro in my case)…:roll_eyes:

Vincent,

Is this what you are referring to? After 2-3 minutes of using the remote on my Macbook I get this screen and it becomes unresponsive and I have to kill the app for it to work again.

If I don’t kill the app and leave it be for a few minutes, I get the message saying it cannot find core and wants to reconnect.

1 Like

That’s it!

1 Like

Build 952 :cupid:

@support can you please reassure us that you are actively monitoring these feedback threads and start “squashing” bugs which are usually introduced with every new build?

My experience with Roon so far has not been ideal…

• I barely use my iPhone as a remote due to the stuttering when scrolling.
  • I bought an iPad to use as a remote until this had stuttering introduced in some screens a few builds ago.
  • I then mostly started using my Macbook as a remote since this was the only one which worked flawlessly for me. Now this started being temperamental.

Out of 3 remotes, none are 100%.

That said, it’s far from ideal paying for a subscription and be a beta tester at the same time. I am sure you guys understand :slight_smile:

Let’s make it work and be mates? :hugs:

5 Likes

Windows 10, app is locking up, after playing songs for a little while, maybe 30 mins. Locks up when I try to hit Skip or Home, but it’s random. When I open on iOS, the app is fine and I can control playback. But the Win10 app never recovers so I have to exit it on laptop. Any fixes for Win10 ?

1 Like

My windows 10 app locks the same…

If my remotes are both iphone and ipad, Ipad sometimes is out of sync with what is actually playing. Restarting the Roon on the ipad fixes the issue temporarity and then the same thing happens again after some random time.

I haven’t experienced any playback dropouts, but I have a modest library.