Build 952 Feedback

there’s another thread in the support subforum

Build 952 Issues

and here’s a quote from one of the tech folks:

1 Like

Getting the same thing on my Mac Studio remote.

Also getting remotes not updating their display to show the current track playing, or eventually freezing.

The issue has been identified and a fix is coming. I got the temporary fix and my issues are gone since yesterday. The permanent fix should be out pretty soon.

5 Likes

Hey @RBO and fellow customers. My apologies for the delayed response here. We’ve been hard at addressing and investigating your reports. Several issues are pinned in the Support thread and fixes are currently working their way through QA.

We hope to have everything prepared and ready for release soon. We apologize for the inconvenience these bugs have caused all of you and appreciate your courtesy while we get them sorted out. :pray:t2:

7 Likes

Thanks for the response @Jamie. Suggestion for you guys to perhaps introduce some type of stable version that we can revert to?

Or at the very least you guys label a know stable version that I can stay on until you label a future stable version? This way when we update we do so knowing what we’re getting.

If you guys do mark stable versions, we can manually upgrade those instead of the current process which (at least in this 952 build) the most disruptive to my listening since I joined Roon about 14 months ago.

8 Likes

I agree, roon is unusable for me now, I can’t use the remote on any machine I have. There NEEDS to be a rollback option. Package up the old working version and send it out for us while you fix your mess.

This is showing me that iTunes is about 80% of what I’ve been enjoying with roon. If apple upped their music discovery game and provided the rich info and linking of artists and such I’d be happy. And in 18 years of use iTunes has never left me hanging like this.

This is also highlighting the fact that even though all my music is local, the control of it is at the mercy of a 3rd party and is making me re-think how I want to serve up my music in the future.

5 Likes

First time for ages I spent a long time at my keyboard …

Roon Radio played on but after a while the screen stopped updating, leaving Playing Now showing a track that was 10 tracks back, I had to close the Remote app down and start again. It did it all over again .

System ROCK/NUC, all Ethernet, remote failing on Win 10 PC

I could not agree more. I rarely get time to enjoy my music, and the last few months, when I do, it has been interrupted with updates and side issues that I am now spending time looking for answers on the web instead of enjoying MY music. Roon used to be very “set it and forget it” and I was VERY HAPPY. Not so much anymore. Stop the frequent updates please and release better tested updates instead.
I hate that I am now looking to see if I can switch back to iTunes/Apple Music instead of dealing with these constant software updates. It sounds like I am not alone in this.

7 Likes

Same problem with my iPad, and MacBook Pro. iPhone is fine though.

I have the same problem. If it is a Roon Ready device I can usually get the playlist going before the crash, but when I use my iPhone with Bluetooth to a JBL Flip in my bathroom, as soon as it crashes the music stops. Never used to be a problem with the last major build.

I run a ROCK that is overpowered. It has been performing just fine for a year+ but about 2 weeks ago, Roon has become painfully slow on my Windows machine. Occasional hangups that require me to force close Roon and re-open.

My Windows 10 machine is overpowered as well. I’m at a loss as to what this is.

No page loads quickly. Search is slow.

I’ve wiped image cache. Done every troubleshooting thing I can think of, barring a total re-install on my Windows machine, but I guess I’ll try that now.

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Moved your post to this thread, take a deep breath and have a read through but then be assured that Roon are working hard on a fix.
Thanks for your patience and understanding

1 Like

Roon is working on a fix, but for the past 2-3 weeks it is completely unusable. Since this is a subscription service and clearly their fault, I’d like to see our subscriptions moved out for the duration that 952 has been and will be live.

Sheldon

7 Likes

Looks like the issue with Tidal playlists not having any play options has now been fixed, which is good news.

I know you folks are working to fix this, but…

2 Likes

Playing music core just dropped off for no reason, it’s on the network as router still sees it, power on, doesn’t respond to ping webui on rock no response.

Restart and its back. Never done this before.

I do get the impression that we are in one of those “things are gonna get worse before they start to get better” periods, I just hope it’s gonna be sooner than later.

1 Like

I got the temporary fix 4 days ago and I haven’t have a single issue since then. Roon Core on a NUC ROCK is stable and all remotes (macOS, Windows, iOS and iPadOS) working without a single issue. Before the fix I had to restart my macOS and Windows Roon remotes about 8 times a day and my Roon ROCK Core about 4 times a day so most definitely the permanent fix is going to work, hopefully!!! We just need to be patience.

6 Likes

Sadly a couple of times since build 952.
Most of the time the Rock core restarts itself and all good after a couple of minutes.
But twice it has been power button job

They really dropped the ball with this one.

1 Like