Can´t forward or back in a song

If I go forward or back in a song the playback stops an I have no chance to play the song again. I have to quit Roon and start Roon again. This problem occurs with different Roon endpoints and different Roon remotes. The core is an Innuos Zenith.

Sometimes ROON shows music is playing in the zone window, but the song window says pause and you can´t hear anything.

Obviously it is a problem with TIDAL - there are no problems with forward or back when I play songs from my library.

Hello @midi,

It sounds like you may be having some issues buffering the tracks from TIDAL if this doesn’t occur for local content. What is your network setup like? How is the Zenith connected to the network, straight into the router or are you making use of switches/range extenders/powerline adapters?

Please let us know some more information here, what Roon Remotes are you using and what endpoints is this behavior exhibited on?

Thanks,
Noris

Zenith and endpoints are connected by ethernet (the house has a complete network with cat-7 cables).

Router - Switch - Zenith/endpoints like a Devialet Expert or Devialet Phantoms and KEF LSX (some other switches for non audio devices).

Remotes: Mac OS (wireless and wired) and iOS devices.

When I use TIDAL with the TIDAL app on my MacBook over his internal speakers - no problem to forward or back in a song, even wireless.

I am also using spotify connect directly with the endpoints over ethernet or wireless (all endpoints are spotify connect ready) - no problems with that, all endpoint are working well with spotify.

In the meantime I have tested it with Audirvana - also no problems.

So it seems to be only a ROON 1.6 problem.

Hello @midi,

Thanks for confirming that info for me. Can I please ask you to try using another machine to temporarily host the Roon core, connect it in the same way that the Innuous is connected (using the same Ethernet cable) and let me know if you are able to reproduce the issue?

This will give us a good data point weather we should investigate the network setup or the Core machine further and un-authorizing and re-authorizing Cores is a fairly straightforward process. Please let me know if you are able to perform this test and your results when possible.

Thanks,
Noris

Hi Noris,

for the moment I can´t test it with another core machine.

But I have tested it very often now. Sometimes I have no problems. Suddenly it happens again. Then I have to restart Roon to be able to hear music again from the selected endpoint. Sometimes the other endpoints are working, if I go back to the last device is like hanging up - no reaction. Sometimes I can go back and forward 5 or 6 times and then at the 7 attempt - it crashes.

Beside that:
I am using Roon AIR for my Devialet Expert connected by USB to my Innuos (Roon Core) and connected by ethernet wirth my network. I have a lot of crackles with ROON AIR, no crackles when I am using the Innuos via USB.

Hello @midi,

Thanks for confirming that information for me. We are investigating a few Devialet Air reports at the current time, if possible I would suggest using USB for the time being.

We are aware of there being an issue with seeking through tracks on KEF speakers and have addressed this behavior in the next Roon update.

Thanks,
Noris

Hello @midi,

We have just released Roon v1.6 build 401 which improves stability regarding KEF seeking issues:

Roon 1.6 (Build 401) Is Live! Software Release Notes

Hi everyone! A new maintenance release is now rolling out for all platforms, with bug fixes, performance improvements, and updated designs for some of the UI changes in Roon 1.6. Today’s release includes a number of refinements for the footer and the Now Playing screen. We’ve heard a lot of great feedback on the changes in Roon 1.6, and we think the changes made over the last few weeks are big improvement. We hope you agree and we’re looking forward to hearing from everyone! We’ve added the m…

As for the Devialet issues you are experiencing, we released Devialet RAAT not long ago, I would update your Devialet to the newest firmware version (and if you are experiencing issues you can use these instructions). Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,
Noris

Thanks,

I am using the released Devialet RAAT since the first minutes it was rolled out:grinning: Since then I am only using RAAT and no more ROON Air. RAAT is working so far.

And I have sold the Innuos and run ROON Rock since then.

But the bad news are:

I had once again one time the fast forward problem with the new ROON 1.6 and the ROON Rock and without the KEFs (and without the sold INNUOS). So there is probably another problem - I will have a look at this issue and will report, if it occurs again.

1 Like

Still problems with forward/backward tracks. After more than 3 or 4 attempts Roon is hanging up. Sometimes it´s back after several minutes, most of the time a have to reboot ROON. The isseue happened with the Innuos as Core, but also with the new Roon Rock NUC, so it depends not on the Roon core.