Total Number of Cores: 6
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 12 MB
Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
Memory: 32 GB
Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
macOS Mojave Vers. 10.14.6

Networking Gear & Setup Details

I have a very standard network setup which is the Mac running Roon is wired via ethernet directly to my Netgear Nighthawk X4S R7800 which connects to a cable modem. I have 500MB ethernet, so bandwidth is not an issue. My network status is fine. All other networked devices (including the Mac running Roon) have no network issues. There were no changes made to this environment in the last several months.

Connected Audio Devices

Direct connect dac on Mac, (Dragonfly Red) with various Sonos zones via wireless throughout the house.

Library Size

My music is stored on the Mac and I have a library of approx 1500 albums, and have subscriptions to both Tidal and Quobuz within the Roon app. I have not made any changes to my library, music folder or subscription services. Last time I used Roon, (3weeks ago) everything was running fine.

Description of Issue

Upon startup today, all I receive is a blank white screen with the Roon logo running. I’ve tried rebooting my machine several times along w/the Roon app. Still seeing only a blank white screen.

BTW…I checked the Roon logs and it appears the new update was installed, if this version is indeed the latest.
“07/13 11:06:31 Info: Starting Roon v1.8 (build 806) stable on macosx”

A post was split to a new topic: Stuck at white loading screen

Hi @Brian_O_Malley

If you reinstall the app is there any change?

If not, can you please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link (or any other file sharing service)?

Thanks!

A post was split to a new topic: Can’t access Roon on Mac, white loading screen

Dylan I haven’t tried a reinstall. I’m assuming to do this properly on mac (without impacting the Roon db) I should delete the app and download fresh from Roon and install…right? I don’t need to rename any of my existing Roon folders (I.e. _old) to do a reinstall ……right?

Salve a tutti, ho lo stesso problema da un paio di giorni. Ho un macbook air, un iphone 12 pro max e un portatile lenovo con windows 10, meduse su tutti e tre. Ho reinstallato sul macbook air ma non cambia nulla, ho mandato un’email all’assistenza, aspetto la risposta…

Dylan I’m waiting for you to answer my questions about deleting and reinstalling the app before I attempt it. It appears from others who are having the same problem that reinstalling the app doesn’t fix it. But I’m willing to try if I can get some answers to my questions.
Thanks
Brian

Dylan my logs files are in dropbox
thanks
Brian

Dylan…Well, since it didn’t appear that an answer to my questions about deleting and reinstalling the app were forthcoming, I went ahead and did it per your suggestion. No change…still have the white blank screen

Thanks, @Brian_O_Malley for doing that uninstall/reinstall. Dylan has been working with the team on gathering information about this issue and I’m sorry he didn’t get back to you with an answer. I’ll remind him that you’ve shared your logs.

Uninstalling and Reinstalling is safe to do for anyone else who’s wondering: you will not lose any account information unless you specifically delete the storage folders on your core device - the actual app files are separate.

Thanks @Enzo_Cercarelli, we’re following up in your existing ticket!

continuing conversation via PM where recent conversation has been.

1 Like