Cannot connect to Nucleus on my ethernet network

Roon Nucleus

cannot connect to my Roon nucleus

I cannot connect to my Nucleus. I have it connected via ethernet on my network to a switch to an Eero that is being backhauled to my ATT modem. I cannot reach it via a browser or the Roon app. The nucleus is 4 years old. I have unplugged it and then after a a minute tried to connect to it.

Suggest that you search the forum for ‘Eero’ as there are lots of cases of disappearing cores and endpoints with Eero. Here is one as an example:

1 Like

No, it has been working as it should for a couple of years with not issues. I believe the internal drive has crapped out
I need Roon support staff please

Can you connect the Nucleus by HDMI to a monitor or TV? Do that and start it, there should be messages. Post a picture of that if unclear

I did and only saw a black and white screen saver

Screen saver? Was that your monitor? The Nucleus at best shows a basic text display, though yes it is black and white, something like this (from another thread):

Apparently the last ip address changed. I was able to verify the ip address on another monitor

1 Like

The address changing is in principle normal. In nearly all home networks the IP addresses are by default assigned by the DHCP service on the router and they may change. As long as you haven’t manually configured fixed IP addresses on some devices, this is nothing to worry about.

Can you access the Nucleus’s admin web page when you enter the new address (as shown on your monitor) in a browser?

Yes. I was able to connect the Roon app to the nucleus core. Thanks for the assistance.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.