Cannot play 192k

176 plays but 192 shows a line and no audio… Qobus say it is a Roon issue

Roon plays Qobuz Thriller album 1982 Hi-Res normally in my setup. Roon signal path says 176.4kHz - the same sample rate as played via Lumin app and Qobuz app.

I guess the 192kHz version of this album is not allowed to stream in Qobuz (without streaming right, i.e. only for purchase). I’m trying to get a confirmation.

This is my experience, too.

1 Like

yes, I can play files 176 but silence when playing 192??? Or a little crackling and then no track. Everything hard-wired. Baffling. I wish someone from the room would go through this with me as I paid a lifetime membership and feel a little ignored. Is there anyone from Roon who can help? Would be appreciated. If it is an issue with Qobus I will not be paying for it. As this is misrepresented.

It is not a Roon Support issue. It is an equipment, connection, or user error issue. Any S/PDIF or analog signal transit is after the Signal path has ended, hence outside of Roon responsibility. Roon Support already is inadequate to cover all actual Roon issues; it does not have time and resources to help users troubleshoot their own components and connections.

AJ

Are you Roon Support? The point is that 176 files are playing and 192 are not when wired the same way. Roon has not commented yet ’ but the Quobus rep says it’s Roon’s issue. So no further on. It’s like chasing yr tail. See the photos above if interested. Others are having similar issues.

No issue with 176 just wont play 192

And here it shows as it should

I’ve tested the Michael Jackson album.

My Loxjie DAC reports the following.

Has to be a bug in Roon.

Interesting. I see the same thing on Thriller. Qobuz label says 192khz, Roon signal path says 172khz.

I wonder if it is mislabeled in Qobuz?