Cannot play Hi-res BBC streams

Hi, I live in the UK and the BBC higher resolution streams never play, only the lower mp3 ones in 129 kbps. What can it be? I have tried rebooting Core on my Apple iMac and the issue is the same all the time.

Are you using a QNAP core? there is an issue and a work around

No, I uses a 2012 iMac as core. I haven’t been able to play the 320 kbps streams at all, even with 1.7. Always get the “Playback interrupted…” message and the 128 mp3 stream is the only one that plays.

Can you try an alternative aac station please? For example CJSW

Yes, it plays ok, I listen to many other aac stations without any problems, it’s just the higher bitrate feeds from BBC that show the error message.

Is it the case for all endpoints?
Can you play them in a browser?

Yes, same problem in all endpoints. I can play them without issues in browser as well.

Ok, sounds like a problem for the experts. I’m moving the relevant posts to #support.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Hi again BrianW, I think I solved the issue. I have a VPN on all the time on the iMac, it is set to UK up addresses anyway, but it seems it was blocking the 320 kbps streams, so I guess that was the reason why it wasn’t able to stream them. Thanks a lot for the help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.