Cant Get ARC To Work with 4/5 g

This is the Error Log.

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:502,“error”:“error: Error: connect EHOSTUNREACH 84.aaa.bbb.ccc:55002, response code: undefined, body: undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“84.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}
}
From the network Everything works but not with 4/5G Upnp is Active.
Pls Help

Hi Alexander,

Can you provide the following details:

1. Who is your internet service provider?

2. Please list the make and model of your modem and router?

3. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?

4. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?

5. What machine are you using as a Roon Core, and how is it connected to the internet?

Thanks!

This looks like a configuration problem in your network for ARC.

Possibly in addition to having UPnP enabled on the router, you also have a conflicting manual port forwarding rule configured on the router. Fixing the router configuration (either disable UPnP on the router or delete the manual rule) may fix this.

Some other things to try:

• If there is no conflicting no manual port forwarding rule, check to see if UPnP is fully enabled in your router. Maybe turn it off, reboot the router, and turn it back on again
  • Update the router firmware
  1. Who is your internet service provider?
    A: Wilhelm Tel
  2. Please list the make and model of your modem and router?
    Fritzbox 7360 Works as Modem for a Netgear Nighthawk to that a TP-Link
    TL-SG105E network switch is Connceted with the Rooncore
  3. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
    Look Answer above
  4. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?
    No
  5. What machine are you using as a Roon Core, and how is it connected to the internet?
    A Dell Latitude 5511 with a I7 and 32 GB Ram

Are you daisy-chaining port forwarding rules, one from the modem to the router and then another one from the router to the Core? You may / probably have to. I suggest you try this:

• The modem is the external interface that gets the ARC connection from the outside and it must be able to forward from its external IP & port to the internal network, this being represented by the router. This port forwarding rule on the modem should forward the port to the router.
  • Set up a similar rule on the router, so that it forwards the traffic that is coming from the modem to its incoming port, onward to the Core
1 Like

You are my Hero … that worked !!!

Thank you so much !

1 Like

Great, thanks! Enjoy ARC outside

1 Like

I will ! Thanks agian and all the best!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.