Can't login into Tidal

@support can’t login in Tidal account again… what again could be wrong?

Hey @Philip_Yalovega — Thank you for your report!

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble logging in to TIDAL. In order to resolve this, please try the following steps:

• Power cycle your Core machine and try again.
  • Login to the TIDAL app or web player to make the password is correct.
  • Check that your account is still active, as suggested here

Regards,
Dylan

Hi @support! Yes, it is working for some reason now - it didn’t work yesterday, I didn’t do anything since then, but now it works… Although kind of slow - sometimes it takes a minute to load the song… And album and playlist artworks don’t load at all…

What could be a reason to all of this?

Thanks for the update, @Philip_Yalovega!

It’s possible there could be networking difficulties that are contributing to this behavior. So I can get a better idea of what may be happening here, may I kindly ask that you please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Can you also please confirm the following:

• Is this behavior only happening with TIDAL content? Or are you also seeing it with local files?
  • Have you tried power cycling your Core machine, Remote devices, and networking hardware?
  • Do you have any active antivirus or firewall on your Core machine?

Regards,
Dylan

@support

what version of Roon you are running: 1.5 (build 323) stable (32 bit)
What operating system you are running: OSX 10.11.6
Basic information about the device you’re using: iMac
Streaming DAC: PS Audio Junior DirectStream Junior DAC
Describe where your music is stored – no stored music

Yes, it happens only to Tidal content.
Yes, I did many times reboot core, remote, router, etc.
Firewall is on on iMac

The Tidal service is running sometimes extremely slow, although the internet speed is over 100mbit/sec. Also albums and playlist artwork doesn’t load at all on any remote device.

Thank you.

Thank you for the info, @Philip_Yalovega!

To get a better picture of what’s happening, please confirm the following:

• What kind of router are you using? Any switches? Is the Core connected via Ethernet or WiFi? What about your DAC, how is it connected?
  • If you turn off the firewall on the iMac, does the experience improve?
  • If you play to system output directly on the Core machine do you experience this still?
  • Does playing directly from the TIDAL app have similar difficulties, or is it just in Roon?

Regards,
Dylan

@support

I have apple airport tower which distrubutes internet via WiFi, then I have airport base station as an extender of the network which then connects physically to PS Audio Junior DAC. The core is connected to internet via WiFi which is distrubuted by airport tower.

Without firewall I don’t notice any improvement.

It is still the same if I play directly to system from the core. Note, that artworks don’t load on the core as well as on the mobile devices.

Yes, Tidal app works perfectly and quickly on the core machine.

Thanks for the network setup details, @Philip_Yalovega.

Upon reviewing your current setup, along with the description of the difficulties you’re having, it sounds like the problem may be rooting from your current networking setup. I also think it is important to note that we have seen numerous issues with the Apple networking hardware products in the past. There is a very in depth post about how you can potentially get into “trouble” with certain configurations.

Moving forward, I’d like to propose a test that should give us a little more insight into the behavior you’re seeing.

Connect the Core machine and the DAC directly to the main router via an Ethernet connection and try to stream TIDAL from there. Is the experience improved?

Regards,
Dylan

@support

Hi, tried as you said, no improvement… ((( At first it didn’t login into Tidal, after few minutes it did, but it was again slow and no artworks…

Thank you for giving that a try, @Philip_Yalovega.

Just to confirm, TIDAL was working for you fine previous to experiencing the login troubles that you originally posted about?

Next, I’d like to recommend that you clear your TIDAL cache and see if there is any change.

1. Shutdown your Roon Core
  2. Find and open your Roon database
  3. Navigate to /Library/Roon/Cache
  4. Move the contents of the /Cahce folder elsewhere, like your desktop
  5. Try restarting Roon and syncing Tidal

In the past, we’ve also seen that some have had success using Google DNS to improve their TIDAL experience. Try following the instructions in that link and see if the experience improves.

-Dylan

@dylan

Hi again! Nothing works… Roon is very slow. Everything started to go wrong after recent major Roon software update. Before that it worked fine.

Thank you for the info, @Philip_Yalovega!

I have enabled diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here. The next time your Core is active a diagnostics report will automatically be generated and uploaded directly to our servers

Once that’s been received, I’ll be sure to update this thread and pass the diagnostics over to the team for further analysis.

-Dylan

Ок. Each time I change anything in the setup or configuration, it start extremely slow and then gain some speed, but anyway sometimes getsvery slow…

@dylan
Now I directly connected iMac to ethernet and excluded PS Audio DAC from the network for now. The speed did get better with fewer breaks and stops, but still no artwork. Is the speed to the core more important to the speed of internet to DAC? What are the optimal settings in Roon which provide the best possible speed? Again, all things went wrong after Roon update. It is extremely painful to resolving all of this…

@dylan @support
hi again, any news on the above? Do you think VPN could help? Can you put on hold my subscription at least for now - it is just not right to pay for such crappy service…

Hey @Philip_Yalovega,

I wanted to apologize for the delay here as we continue to investigate. I’ve been keeping an eye on our servers, waiting for the aforementioned diagnostics report.

For some reason it is not reaching our servers, even after I tried re-enabling diagnostics on your account. I also ran a quick test and I was able to submit a similar report from my setup here, so something else is going on.

So we can move forward, I was hoping for now you could use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link. We will need logs from your Core machine.

The speed did get better with fewer breaks and stops, but still no artwork. Is the speed to the core more important to the speed of internet to DAC? What are the optimal settings in Roon which provide the best possible speed?

You’ll definitely want to be connected via Ethernet for optimal speeds.

As mentioned above, these symptoms typically point to a networking issue, which I believe may be at the cause of the behavior you’re experiencing. When you are able to send me the logs I will have the technical team investigate further, but in the meantime I’d also like to confirm a few more things and propose another test or two to help us gain insight into the potential issue here.

• Do you happen to have another router besides the Apple Airport that you could test with? As I mentioned above we have certainly seen others have difficulties with these devices that could be playing into what you are seeing.
  • Do you have any apps that make use of your network such as antivirus, VPN or VoIP? If so, does disabling them yield any improvements?
  • Does it happen with all TIDAL content?
  • Do you have DSP Engine enabled?

Kind Regards,
Dylan

@dylan

• Do you happen to have another router besides the Apple Airport that you could test with? As I mentioned above we have certainly seen others have difficulties with these devices that could be playing into what you are seeing.
    Yes, I tried all different set-ups, including core direct ethernet connection - doesn’t help.
  • Do you have any apps that make use of your network such as antivirus, VPN or VoIP? If so, does disabling them yield any improvements?
    No, on the contrary I want to try VPN router - it might be issues with Telegram blocking, which somehow intervenes the service.
  • Does it happen with all TIDAL content?
    I guess so
  • Do you have DSP Engine enabled?
    I tried with DSP disabled, nothing changed

Thank you for the update, @Philip_Yalovega!

No, on the contrary I want to try VPN router - it might be issues with Telegram blocking, which somehow intervenes the service.

Based on this info, I think trying a VPN would be a great next test. I spoke with the techcnial team about this, and it appears that this may be the issue. Some of our servers make use of the Amazon and Google IPs that were blocked, which could likely be the cause of the behavior you’re seeing. Please try a VPN and let me know if that improves your experience.

Regards,
Dylan

@dylan

Hi again! Miracle just happened now. I installed nordvpn on my iPad, connected to vpn, tried Roon, everything started to work flawlessly. I didn’t even set up the core with VPN. But then, another even greater miracle happened - I switched vpn off and still everything works… What was that? Did you changed your IP addresses?

Thank you anyway for your care and patience!

2 Likes