Change Channel Allocation On Presonus Studio Live 16.0.2

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac Pro running MacOS 10.14.6 with Roon 1.7 (build 511)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Presonus mixer is locally connected to Core using firewire. Default sound output option for MacOS

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

PreSonus FireStudio StudioLive 16.0.2 mixer. Channels 15/16 enabled for firewire, but audio from Roon only being sent to channels 1/2.

Description Of Issue

I’ve got a 16 channel firewire mixer as my default sound device under MacOS. All of my Mac OS generated sounds come through on the grouped stereo channel pair 15/16, however Roon only wants to send to channels 1/2 and I can’t see where to change this in Roon. Is this channel allocation configurable and if so, how.

Hi @Craig_Joyce,

Welcome to the forum.

Can you give procedural mixing a try and see if that helps with this? You can access Procedural EQ in the DSP Menu, under Add Filter -> Procedural EQ -> Add Operation -> Mix. Are you able to set your output to channel 15/16 there?

I’m unaware that Roon changed anything regarding multi-channel mapping lately, so it’s unlikely to work for channels above channel 8.

Thanks for sharing that link @BlackJack! @Craig_Joyce - I just double checked with the hardware team and this is indeed still a feature request. Roon currently only supports a maximum of 8 channels at this time.

For you to be able to use audio channels higher than 8 in your setup, you will need to re-map the channels via a 3rd party app. I can’t recommend any specific apps that accomplish this aspect, but there should be a few that do (or you can ask for the community recommendations in #roon)

Thanks!

Thanks guys. Makes perfect sense, just seems weird that in all the years I’ve had this mixer, you’re the only app that doesn’t know how to assign channels or use the defaults (15/16).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.