Chord Qutest Not recognized as DSD capable using an Eversolo DMP-A6 as a streamer

Other DSD capable DACS are recognized via the Eversolo, but not the Chord. Both products are Roon ready, but the dac that does work is not. Any suggestions?

Not sure what „not recognized“ exactly means here, but in a number of similar Qutest DSD threads with other streamers it was necessary to disable the software volume on the streamer. Possibly here as well?

This is one for Eversolo not Roon if it doesn’t recognise it as DSD capabilities which will be DoP not native. Have you set the DSD strategy in Roon to DoP? Chord DACs don’t support Native DSD as it’s all converted to PCM internally.

Set at DoP, and device volume. When I say recognize, I mean that in Roon Audio Settings DSD is not an option. hanks.

This is the signal path with the Chord.

This is the signal path with the Hidizs s3pro

The only adjustments on the Chord are input and filter. I see from some other threads that it is likely the Eversolo, but in either of the cases above is the DAC even present.

In using the Chord DAC, it doesn’t make much sense to send DSD as DSD. Here It’s always better let Roon resample to PCM.

The other point (if you want really DSD as source): Set the volume to fixed and if also then Roon resamples ask the support from zidoo/eversolo to fix this problem.

@Gino_Vacca2 did you succeed to get DSD playing correctly over USB on your DAC using DMP-A6? I’m having the same problem with my Wadia di322 DAC. If I play DSD files from DMP-A6 player, they are sent to the DAC over DoP and play correctly, but not with Roon. Did you contact Eversolo?

Thank you.