Araknis Networks Router WiFi
Synology DS1821+ NAS

Connected Audio Devices

Auralic Aries G2
Ayre QB9 DAC

Number of Tracks in Library

102,000 tracks

Description of Issue

I’d like to clear my Roon Server Cache and I was wondering if I could get some detailed instructions to do same?
Also, further to the attached screen shot below, do I delete all of the subfolders?

No…please don’t do that!

Go to settings: setup and clean the cache from there

Hi Charles,

Not official support, but it might help them to understand what you are trying to achieve from clearing the cache as it shouldn’t really be necessary.

1 Like

Thanks guys,
I had read that one should periodically clear the cache from Roon server periodically and I guess I may have misunderstood what they were saying. It sounds like the “Cache” subfolder in my RoonServer folder located at \NUCLEUSPLUS\DATA should never be deleted. Instead, one should just clear the cache as noted above.
Cheers,

Hey @Charles_Casey,

That’s correct. The official steps for clearing the cache on the Nucleus+ would be as follows:

• Stop Roon Server from running in the Web UI
  • Find and open your RoonServer database
  • Navigate to RoonServer/Cache
  • Move the contents of the /Cache folder elsewhere, like your desktop
  • Try restarting Roon Server via the WebUI and verify if the issue still occurs

However, this troubleshooting step is largely deprecated, as we’ve found a Core+Remote(s) reboot will resolve the vast majority of issues for which we formerly recommend clearing the cache. If you don’t mind specifying, is there a specific reason for why you need to routinely clear the cache?

It won’t hurt to follow the steps above, but it’s not something you should have to perform manually in most circumstances, and definitely not habitually. A Core restart will generally stabilize the system, so we usually recommend that for the routine refresh you’re discussing.

1 Like

Thanks Connor!
I didn’t have a particular issue in mind. It was just an attempt to clean up any old/corrupt files on my server.
In any event, in future, I will just reboot my core.
Cheers,
Charles

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.