Connection Issue: Roon Unable to Connect to Core/Server (ref#39MRFO)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

I'm having trouble connecting to Roon

What type of connection issue?

Something else

Roon cannot connect to core / server

Full form submission

What’s happening?

I'm having trouble connecting to Roon

What type of connection issue?

Something else

Roon cannot connect to core / server

Welcome to the forum.

What type of Roon Server are you using? What kind of remote is it that can’t connect?

There is not much info to work with in your post. Providing complete details will help people to understand the situation. Screenshots are appreciated.

Most likely related to:

If you can’t update the OS or the mentioned components, you might be able to fix this with:

If your Roon server runs on a platform you don’t have control over/access to, then please contact the manufacturer and ask for an updated firmware that resolves the issue.

Hey sorry, I’m a bit frustrated, hah. I’m not sure what “server”, but I run Roon through a Salkstream III, controlled by my Ipad, Imac, and Iphone. I just changed internet service to Verizon, and now its rebuilding my library. I also had to resync with Tidal as well.
The new router is plugged direct into the Salk via cat 5. Thanks!

Then the Salkstream is your Roon server and the issue may be the one that @BlackJack described above.

Also see this in one of the threads that @BlackJack linked

A post was merged into an existing topic: I’m having issues accessing Roon services or Tidal / Qobuz / KKBOX after the latest update (build 1382) [See Staff Post - Manual Fix Avaliable]

Hey @Casey_Carney,

I’ve merged your thread into the larger tracking thread on your issue - which also contains a manual fix. If you’re not able to get things up and running after going through the steps on the tracking thread, please let me know (you can tag me directly at @benjamin.)

Thanks!

Roon and Tidal worked fine until I switched to Verizon internet and they installed their new router. The router is plugged directly into the Salkstream Gen III.
Now Roon just searches for the server. Forever. I’ve tried everything I know, my network doesn’t see the Salkstream either.

When did you buy your Salkstream III? Did you buy it new from Salk or used from a previous owner?

I suspect your issue isn’t related to the recent Roon update, but to the way your router is handlng the Salkstream and your remotes.

I’ve read of similar issues before when replacing a router. It seems the remotes used to control Roon, usually by WiFi, end up on a different subnet (correct term?) than the Roon server (Salkstream) connected directly to the router via ethernet. In this situation the remotes and server can’t “see” each other.

My appologies, but my experience/expertise with this particular issue is close to non existent, but I hope it may lead you to a solution.

Thanks for the feedback. I bought my splayer from Jim brand new, about 7 years ago. He helped me set it up over the phone if I remember correctly.
It seems what should be a simple fix is becoming quite harrowing…

Hi @Casey_Carney,

I’ve re-opened and moved your recent responses back into its original thread for better tracking. Can you confirm replacing the bits file did not help you with your issue?

1 Like

Your OS might be an earlier version than mine unless it was updated since you bought it. My Salkstream hard drive was replaced by Jim Salk in 2020, so my Salkstream I bought in 2016 had the OS updated when the hard drive was replaced. Mine hasn’t had any issues with the latest Roon update.

I found this in the Roon Knowledge Base that may help you determine if what I said about the subnet is your issue.