Day 5 Music Challenge!

OK Music Lovers! Today, 1/6 of the way there, we reach back a bit to this piece:

RoonShareImage-637213220581468650

I apologize in advance, it might be a little bit harder to find, but it is on Tidal. Suggest searching for Jascha Heifetz Living Stereo, and then select the label.

• Music to my ears! (5 stars)
  • Meh…(3 stars)
  • Argh! It hurts me to play! (1 star)

0 voters

As always, listen and vote!

Day 4 is still open until 4PM (MST) today here: Day 4 voting

1 Like

I’d recommend Oistrakh instead of Heifetz for this work

1 Like

Thanks Akimo, I’ll have a listen. In the meantime, don’t forget to vote. :sunglasses:

Well, I’m guessing that Prokofiev and Glazunov are not ideal for introducing a novice to violin concerto. That is to say, I found Prokofiev a challenging listen. Glazunov was more accessible and reminded me of romantic classic black and white movies.

This I liked. I am a fan of violin concertos and hasn’t heard this one before. In the interests of full disclosure I have this 5* but in reality with have given it 4* if it were an option. I just felt ‘meh’ overly harsh.

1 Like

Fair enough. I don’t mind forcing the decision. :sunglasses:

I’ve got the box set but hadn’t gotten round to listening to this one. I’d have done 4 stars but as I own it, I rounded up.

This was the recording that made me fall in love with Sibelius’ violin concerto. It is still the one I reach for most often.

Here, here!

I think 3/5 is more than just ‘meh’…nevermind it’s RHG’s gig here & is putting in a lot of effort.

Cheers. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Consider that I’m really just looking for three bins. Good. Indifferent. Bad. The stars allow me to play statistical games later by providing equal spread. I could have used one to three stars as easily but felt that we were probably more used to the 1-5 rating. Just toss it into the bin that most closely aligns with your reaction. :sunglasses:

1 Like