Devialet AIR, Tidal

Sometimes I have a sense of humour failure about AIR and decide to give up the fight. But even though I no longer use AIR I still want it fixed, and then I want RoonReady. Preferably in reverse order :wink:

We must persist with hounding Devialet customer support, Facebook etc until they can resist no more!

This #airisajoke recently started too:
https://mobile.twitter.com/hashtag/airisajoke

1 Like

Just realized I havenā€™t kept the #AirIsAJoke campaign up to date. I want anyone searching for Devialet on Twitter to find at least a 1 or 2 recent tweets indicated such. Eventually it will make them look bad enough to publicly respond. At least, I hope.

https://twitter.com/search?src=typd&q=%23AirIsAJoke

1 Like

I agree. I can join the crusade.

This is the search for Devialet on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/search?q=Devialet&src=typd

If you peruse down you can see the scattered #AirIsAJoke tweets. The more Devialet sees the better.

I have gear, ready to do something if they facilitate itā€¦ best thing you guys can do is ask for Roon integration in both the Expert line and Phantom.

It only appears on their radar if you make a lot of noise, and do it all the time.

3 Likes

@danny, et.alā€¦ continuing to pester Devialet about AIR has proven extremely frustrating (been there, done that, numerous times). If someone has a well-placed contact within Devialet, perhaps that might help, but their front-line support seems to have been trained to ignore such requests and/or provide inane responses.

Arrogance, ignorance or incompetence? I canā€™t tell. But it is certainly not helping their reputation.

Iā€™m just thankful for the numerous alternatives to streaming to my Devialet. Currently using a SB Touch which will likely get replaced by a Sonore uRendu once released.

Or you could just roll your own using a Wandboard or countless like devices

Itā€™s obvious these complaints need to be voiced in a public nature. They can ignore private support requested, but eventually they need to address a bombardment on Facebook and Twitter.

Here is the typical canned response with regards to adding Roon support.

I received something similar. It all sounds nice and reasuring, doesnā€™t it. I want to believe it is technically possible. But even if not, it would be great to know that. Itā€™s the lack of any reasonable response or communication that is frustrating.

Itā€™s rumoured the worldwide dealer meeting this month at Devialet HQ in Paris is for a ā€˜bigā€™ announcement.

Sad to say, I think the things I want most - a working AIR, MQA, Room Correction and RoonReady - will all be absent, and that it will be about multichannel, a new Mini Phantom type thingy, and some sort of lashed up solution to enable Spark/Dialog to work with the Expert line. Pure speculation on my part of course. And I would be ecstatic if proven wrong :wink:

My message to support also included some comments on AIR not working which they chose to ignore in the response.

100% Same response regarding AIR.
I m too shy to be on Twitter, but will commit now to respond on Jeffs Twitter messages.

Care to elaborate on the gear?? :wink: Iā€™m assuming by the ā€˜ready if they areā€™ comment, that it wasnt provided by Devialet for a bit of ā€˜Roon Testedā€™ and AIR Exclusive mode on OSX jiggerypokery.

Iā€™m not sure what more we Devialet owners could do, other than storm the old HQ. Weā€™ve hounded them via email, many of us post things in relevant places that Devialet canā€™t ignore, Twitter, Facebook. But the simple facts are a) there arenā€™t many of us (Devialet have quite a protective fan base), and more importantly b) Devialet are experts (no pun intended) at ignoring and deflecting all of their users feedback and feature requests.

If we havenā€™t been able to get them to fix AIR within a number of YEARS of constant and public complaint, I really donā€™t see how else we could try to get them to take Roon seriously?

RoonReady aside though, they should be all over trying to build a relationship here and get any AIR issues resolved at least.

And what is interesting and good news is that it now supports exclusive mode.

I will leave it at that for now. Other than mentioning DSD64 playback is not doing very well in the testing I have done today.

Bumping Antoines petition post here: