Dutch & Dutch 8c: firmware v2.0

Just tried that a minute ago, still the same: no 8c as Roon ready device

I had the same problem this morning.
What fixed it for me was going to roon>settings>audio and there the 8c’s were there but not enabled. Once I enabled them, they sounded sublime

Unfortunately they do not even show “disabled”. Getting frustrated because of this. But good to hear you were successful!

I have similar problem after upgrading the firmware, try to power off the 8c for a few second and turn it on again, the speakers will appear in the Roon in my case.

2 Likes

Also you need to create a ‘room’ for roon to see them

Yes, i had to do this at least 5 times before they eventually showed up

A miracle happened overnight. This morning turned the 8c’s back on, ready for another session of trying to get them available in Roon and there they are, before even trying something else! Thank you all for your feedback!

1 Like

Its usually a network thing; If you shutdown/turn off your 8cs and rooncore, then remove the IP/Mac addresses from the network by reducing the IP lease time to 1-2mins (normally a setting in your router) and then rebooting the router/switch, and restart the 8c’s/rooncore it should all show up.

(Remember to turn the IP lease time back to 24hrs once all working)

Hi @Martijn_Mensink,

I hope you and the D&D team had great holidays!

As someone looking forward to becoming a D&D customer in the coming months, I am looking forward to reading the series of posts you referred to regarding the vision of the company. No pressure at all; I just wanted to emphasize that you have a primed audience. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

+1 to that, count me as another interested potential customer.

Why is REW integration not a part of this? So roon is available but now you can’t eq your room. I’d be bummed if trying to set these up for the first time

It’s discussed above. All in due time.

1 Like

A useful link https://support.dutchdutch.com/

1 Like

I was wondering if you decided which way you will take the audio out of your tv? And would there be a loss of sound quality coming out of the headphone socket vs hdmi arc port?

Morning, despite my Sony Bravia KD-55 TV not being CEC volume controllable via HDMI-ARC (until Sony fix the firmware issue) I’ve still opted for the CYP AU-1HARC unit as it simply sounds better and there’s no white noise from the 8c’s high gain analog inputs, just a very faint hiss with my ear 5cm away from the HF unit. When using the mini-jack from the TV I found the 8c’s low gain analog input puts through less noise from the TV, but its best to experiment with this one as the wrong gain structure coming out of the TV can mess up the signal.

For me, TV > HDMI-ARC > fixed RCA analog out > XLR High-gain Analog in > Volume control via ascent app works best. I made my own RCA to XLR cables, ordered the parts from designacable.com

Software is now updated to 2.05

1 Like

thx for the info. Unfortunately my arc port is already tied up and cant be used for audio for now - i just need to find a way to get clean audio out of the headphone jack but so far no luck

You could try this or have a look at their other products: ARC11 — Blustream
I arc input
2 outputs, 1 analog, 1 digital/optical

• Audio Input Connectors: 1 x HDMI Type A, 19-pin, female
  • Audio Output Connectors: 2 x RCA analogue left/right, 1 x Toslink optical output

Another that maybe of interest HD11AU — Blustream

1 Like

I am curious why you don’t want to keep the signal digital all the way like e.g. TV > toslink > Optical to AES/EBU converter > D&D 8C AES/EBU? For example with this:

Hi @Ake_G The ideal was to use the HDMI ARC-CEC command and use the TV’s remote for the volume. With them now being roonready the plan was to simply use VC in roon and VC in the TV via its remote. Unfortunalty the Sony Bravia firmware is a little messed up ATM so wating for an update.