Dutch & Dutch 8c: pre-Roon Ready thread

I see, hope it can resolve soon. Thanks for the feedback!

The circle is complete. Dutch&Dutch 8C , for the second time! Missed them very much!

6 Likes

Welcome back. I wouldn’t give mine up. Which finish did you get?

1 Like

What was wrong with your Genelecs?

1 Like

Thanks!

White front with natural oak !

1 Like

Nothing wrong at all , excellent speakers.

Just missed the wholeness of the DD8C. The way they look . The way the bass couples with the wall.

1 Like

I bought Weiss DSP502 especially for my 8C. I ordered a low rates version because the dafault version selling on the market is a high rates one which sampling rate starting from 88.2/96KHz. It has quite a few DSP plugins including Room EQ which I haven’t compared A/B before I moving to the new house.

1 Like

Do you have raw (pre EQ) room measurements with your 8C and Genelecs?

Can you kindly share?

I’m afraid i don’t :frowning:

Could you tell us a little about what’s planned for the other streaming services that could be supported over the 8c’s from now on in future updates @Martijn_Mensink ?
Would be nice if we can have native spotify connect, and wondering if that’s something you might already be working on.

2 Likes

Back from Brazil.
Unboxing time !

6 Likes

If I want to connect 4 8c’s via aes for 2x stereo do I have to daisychain them all or is it better to have them all seperately connected via their own aes input signal cable?

Are you happy with your second pair?

1 Like

Very much!
Playing around with REW. Haven’t updated them to 2.0 yet :slight_smile:

1 Like

My speakers are showing up as two different end points. Do you just group them together? Will this provide stereo sound?

Have you created a room?

1 Like

You’re in for a treat! the SQ improvement isn’t minor… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not yet ! Don’t know exactly how I want to design the room. Still looking for inspiration!

I can imagine! I had Roon back in the days when I had my first pair of 8Cs. I am excited about the native app aswell:)

I am curious about what makes the improvement? I hear an improvement when playing Roon from Lumin U1 Mini => AES/EBU as well. Unless this is an imagination, there must be something different with the signal processing in the 2.0 version compared to the 1.4 version and not only an effect of going directly to the speakers over Ethernet…