"Error loading folder unauthorised" after Catalina install (Mac OS)

Mac OS Catalina, latest Roon built

I installed the newest Mac iOS Catalina on Oct 26 and since then I can’t access any of my external folders. When I try to access it, I see the following message: “error loading folder unauthorised”.

Network Details: Irrelevant

McIntosh C52, via USB

Mac iOS Catalina: "error loading folder unauthorised"

I installed the newest Mac iOS Catalina on Oct 26 and since then I can’t access any of my external folders. When I try to access it, I see the following message: “error loading folder unauthorised”.

I have not changed ANYTHING in my setup (no new router, usb cable, etc. - NOTHING was changed). I can also access all my folders (and even play my music files using Audirvana and JRiver). So the issue has to do with the new Catalina install, which is affecting Roon only.

I’m aware that there’s a similar message on Roon, but it’s closed for comments, so I’m re-opening it so that we can find a speedy solution. The problem hasn’t been solved (a work-around from Mr. Takenaka can’t be found), so I have no idea why the discussion was closed.

FYI: I’m a lifetime subscriber to Roon and never (ever!) had a single problem with Roon: I’m one of those who heart all positive comments about Roon. This is my first “support request”. Please help!

Known issue and a fix is coming

1 Like

Thanks, Awizardofoz. I wrote this report because the closed discussion implied that there was a work around, which is not correct. I now see the other support requests, using different terms to refer to the same thing. Good to see that the Roon team is working hard to find a solution. Thanks!

Suggest you wait for a fix…it’s in the works and roon has advised against workarounds other than moving some music to a local internal drive folder and adding it there for now to play some of your faves. Streaming should be ok.

1 Like

Thanks, @wizardofoz. You’re right, streaming hasn’t been affected by the issue, and that’s what I’ve been listening to at the moment. Luckily, all my fave albums are available on Tidal and Qobuz.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Error loading folder on Mac

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.