Failure Message‚ Metadata Improver: halted‘ after Roon OS update to 186

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

NUC8i3 running ROCK build 186, 2Tb local HD storage, 16gig RAM, 256gig M.2 SSD

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ubiquiti network, 50Mbit cable line, Roon Core via Ethernet, most Audio gear via Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Ropieee based RPi into different DACS

Description Of Issue

After yesterday’s update of my NUC to build 186, I‘m getting the failure message ‚Metadata Improver: halted‘. Since then, I can‘t add new albums neither from Tidal nor from local sources anymore. A restart of the NUC and/or the Roon Core did not help. Access to Tidal via Tidal app works perfectly.

Thanks for the detailed report, @Ulrich_Christmann, and sorry for the troubles.

I spoke with the team about this and the most common cause for this type of error is networking problems that are interfering with Roon’s request for metadata updates. Can you elaborate a bit on your networking setup so we can better understand what might be happening? Is the ROCK Core connected directly to the main router via Ethernet? Are there any other switches or other networking devices involved?

Dear Dylan,

thank’s for your quick reply. I‘m running a switched Gbit Ethernet behind a central router/firewall without any VLANs. Most network stuff is UniFi from Ubiquity. Connection to the Internet is via cable line with static ip. Internet connectivity isn‘t disturbed.

BTW, while typing this reply, l‘ve again restarted the Roon Core and now, everything is back working. Does it make a difference between restarting the NUC vs restarting the Roon Core? I’m quite sure, that I’ve restarted the NUC more than once, but unshure whether I’ve also tried to restart only the Roon Core via WebGui.

As said, it all began yesterday evening after upgrading Roon OS to Build 186.

Kind regards

Ulrich

Thanks for the update, @Ulrich_Christmann.

I’m glad that restarting the Core machine helped here. If you see any problems return please do let us know!

A post was split to a new topic: Metadata Improver halted message

A post was split to a new topic: Metadata Improver error message

I had this same issue.

Rebooting the Roon Core had no effect, but a hard reset (power down, wait a minute, power back on) took care of things.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.