Favorite Albums Not Showing Tidal[Ticket in]

Hi!

In Browse/Tidal/Your Favorites/Albums - I’ve tried numerous restarts, resyncs, clearing the roon/tidal/cache to get my Tidal favorite albums to populate but it only shows the part of the A’s and not the rest of the albums in alphabetical order. Browse/Tidal/Your Favorites/Artists populates perfectly, and shows page after page, but the albums abruptly stops at page 2.

Is this a bug? I would love a solution to get this to work. Can anyone help. Thank you.
@support

Hi, same issue. Happy to know not alone. Sorry for replaying with no solution.

I experience the same thing. Albums are fine through Roon though.

Any suggestions please how to fix? I can drill down albums another route but is this a bug or a user error?

This is solved. Had to reinstall the software and that seems to have cleared the error.

Sorry, same problem. Anybody from @support to manage the issue? Don’t sure if reinstalling is a solution and if reinstalling could get lost edits.

Thanks guys

@support

My solution was to reinstall the software. Back up first.

Thanks Philip. I will try.

Software reinstalled. Regretably no success. Same problem. i hope somebody from support could help

Again, not luck. Same problem.
Hi @support

Hey guys, thanks for report, sorry this didn’t get a response before you had to reinstall :frowning:

A couple questions for anyone still experiencing this issue:

• Do the albums show in the main Album browser? (not in the TIDAL section) – all your album and track favorites should be added to your library, so they should be visible in the Album browser

• There is a spinner at the top of the TIDAL > Favorites > Favorite Albums screen – are you all waiting for that spinner to finish? When it finishes, do additional albums load?

Let us know and we’ll take a look here guys. Thanks!

Fran - did you see support reply to you in this thread?

Yes favorites do show in Roon album browser. The spinner does spin in the tidal album browser and when it stops i usually half the first page and two lines on the second page. Occasionally all favorites show.

Sorry Mike. Don´t worry abouy delay for replying.

Really annoying issue. It´s third reinstall for me and problem persists. Lot of waste time I am afraid.

All albums showing in the main album browser but only a few one (first A name) in the album Tidal section. From 1500 albums Tidal Section only shows 20.

Refering to the spinner at the top of the TIDAL > Favorites > Favorite Albums screen I do wait for the spinner finish. About half a minute for finish and no albums at all are loaded after spinner stops. Remains the same first 20 albums.

All album, track, artist favorites added from Tidal to the main browser. All artist added to Tidal Section. But only a few few albums (20 from A) are added to Tidal Section.

To reinstall I have erased firs application, and all settings in Library,

I think the problem in no system dependant. Some friends same system (Core Mac Mini i5 16 Gb RAM, SSD 256Gb) and no problem in populating Album Tidal Section with favourite albums. I also think is not a problem about size of favourirtes albums. More or less 1000 artist all of the showing in Tidal favourites section and 1500 albums only showing 20.

Any additional information you could need Mike?

Thanks in advance

@support

@Philip_Thomas and @Fran_Garcia ----- Thank you both for your continued feedback and more importantly, thank you for your patience. Both are very appreciated!

Moving forward, I would like to enable diagnostics on your accounts so our techs can try to get a better sense as to what could be possible causing this behavior you’re experiencing. What this action will do is the next time the application is active on your core machines a diagnostics report containing a set of Roon logs will automatically be generated/uploaded to our servers.

However, before I do this may I very kindly ask you for the following:

• Please take note of the time when you notice this behavior next.

• If you have not already provided it, please briefly describe your setup using this link as a guide.

Many thanks!
-Eric

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your answer and support. Don´t worry about delay I assume It takes a time to manage so many different issues. Appreciate your dedication.

Answering your questions,

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your answer and support. Don´t worry about delay I assume It takes a time to manage so many different issues. Appreciate your dedication. Just now I am considering a lifetime membership and would like to have feedback related to this issue.

Answering your questions,

I Have experienced that behaviour from the first time I launched Roon. At least three completes reinstallings and same behaviour. The list of the albums I am showing in the image above is the same every time. Don´t matter number of albums on library, they all appear in the main browser and only the same little subset (30/1500) in Tidal browser.

My setup in Roon Core. MacMini running MacOs Hig Sierra 10.13.3. Intel Core i5 2.8 Ghz., 16 Gb de RAM, Library on SSD 256 Gb. Music Folder on external HDD Lacie 4Tb USB. Now Roon Library has aprox. 1.500 albums, all of them from Tidal. Last reinstall I didn´t upload albums not in Tidal. My collection of 1500 albums in TIDAL owns to 1.000 authors and all of the authors appear in main browser and in Tidal browser.

I have started my Roon Core, so I hope you have just now a copy of my logs.

Thanks a lot for your support.

Fran

@support

1 Like

Thanks for the follow up @Fran_Garcia! The insight and feedback are both appreciated!

Confirming that I have received the mentioned diagnostics report and will be updating your ticket with all of the provided information above. Once our techs have completed their analysis of the Roon logs attached to the received report I will be sure to share their thoughts/findings with you ASAP.

-Eric

Hey Fran,

We’re going to look into this, but just for my own interest, what are you looking for in the TIDAL > My Favorites section?

I ask because most of Roon’s functionality is built into the browser screens, and if you want to see your TIDAL albums, viewing them in the Album browser includes sorting functionality, Focus (to filter to specific genres, labels, etc), the ability to tag albums, etc.

I agree that the My Favorites screen should be loading, but I’m just wondering what you’re looking for on this screen. If you want easy access to your TIDAL albums, you can also use Focus to view TIDAL, and then save a bookmark for one click access.