Files won't play [Resolved - Firewall Settings]

Roon has stopped playing files. I can access the file, and hit play, but the file doesn’t start. The right bitrate shows up on my QB 9, but the file doesn’t play. After about 20 seconds, it skips to the next file in the queue, where the same thing happens.

This spontaneously resolved once, but nothing I have done, including rebooting the NUC where Roon core is hosted, helps now.
My NUC runs Win 10, my streamers are a sMs 200 and a 2011 Mac Air, files are stored on a Synology NAS. Everything is controlled by iOS devices or core.

The clock is ticking on my subscription, and this software is useless. I have emailed you about this and you have not responded

Please help.

@support might gain some priority.

for reference https://kb.roonlabs.com/Contacting_Support

And following the link to I'm having a problem with Roon -- where do I report it?

I will leave you fill in the details while someone comes in from support to assist you.

1 Like

Hi @David_Olegar ---- Thank you for the report and sharing your feedback with us. Sorry to hear of the troubles.

Moving forward, can you please verify for me that there are no active firewalls or antivirus applications currently running anywhere in your setup?

-Eric

Only the Windows firewall and Windows Defender, neither of which used to interfere in any way.

Hi @David_Olegar ---- Thank you for touching base with me, very appreciated!

Please temporarily disable these functions and verify if that action triggers a change in behavior here. If it does, then the next step will be to add security exceptions (on the Win “firewall” and “defender”) to stop these Windows security features from blocking “Roon” and “RAATServer”.

-Eric

So, checking a box on the firewall permissions on the NUC has fixed it so far. Since I hadn’t unchecked it before, and it used to work fine the way it was, I’m not sure what happened. Anyway, so far so good.

As long as I have your attention, how about supporting other file formats, such as .ape, .shn and SACD iso? Other players do. Oh, and make it so you can just browse to network folders. I had to map my NAS music file to the main program before ROON could find it.

Thanks for your help.

Hi @David_Olegar ---- Thank you for the follow up, I am pleased to hear that the mentioned adjustments to your firewall settings has yielded a positive result :thumbsup:

In regard to the second half of your response. I would recommend posting your comments in 'feature request" thread as this is the ideal place to offer ideas, comments, and general feedback about the application.

Thanks for the insight!
-Eric

This topic was automatically closed after 2 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.