Help needed; New Nucleus+ Rev A not found on network

I purchased a store ex demo Nucleus+ and connected via ethernet to my existing network. The device cannot be found.

I have a BT home hub used for internet. I have two optional setups and neither worked.

From the BT home hub, I have connected to an Apple Timecapsule, and all ethernet and internet devices are connected to my apple network, mostly by ethernet linked Apple TV and wifi to other HomePod devices. One ethernet is connected to my recently purchased Arcam SA30 amplifier, which is found and works just fine. When I connect the spare port to the Nucleus, nothing is found. Having turned on and off and tried all variations of cable, on one occasion I received a message saying the device was found stating:

Nucteus + Firware 1.0 (build 186)stable/81.187.174.144, Version 1.7
connecting…

then after a few seconds, I get the same message with a red dot, saying, Last Seen 12 seconds ago.

then nothing. just searching for device.

Turning it on or off, my computer on and off, changing over cables has no effect. I cannot find the Nucleus on my iMac, or my iPhone or iPad. its like nothing is connected. The back of the dervice has left light yellow, right light stain orange, the right, flashing green.

My other option was to do away with the Apple Timecapsule and connect straight to the BT home hub router. That made no difference.

I do not have a firewall on the Apple Settings, I am unsure how to find any on the BT home hub, .

I would really appreciate some help as I am not knowledgeable on matters computer related and thought the device would simply plug into my network and work as intended. I have been trying for hours, read much online that didn’t really help, so I am reaching out in the hope this situation might be familiar to someone who is able to help.

thank you

lawl.

IMG_1954 IMG_1955

Can you connect to the Nucleus Webui from your computer? From that image it’s not getting a proper IP address. Being ex demo they may have left it setup with a static Ip. The IP address it’s showing in that image does not look like a local lan one but an external IP.

It doesn’t appear to have a private network address, this is probably because it’s plugged into the wrong network switch port. It needs to plug into a „local device“ port.

No. have tried each time I reboot my computer, iPad, iPhone etc, the Nucleus. I am guessing the IP address is the 81.187.174.144 but when I enter that into web browser, I get a failed to open page.

The dealer had in store running until yesterday when it was shipped to me, arriving today.

yes, I have 3 local device ports, and I have tried them all.

If you hook the hdmi port to a tv, do you see an ip address?
Is it 81.187.174.144 even with the network cable unplugged?

That IP address is, I think, unusual for home networks. Perhaps it has been set to use a static IP address, and is not picking up a fresh address from your home network. You could try this:

2 Likes

Geoff, thank you so much, yes that worked. I wonder if the dealer had left their own settings on it and that stopped it being seen on my network.

6 hours in, I was ready to scream, you have saved the say. I am very grateful to you.

1 Like

Hi @lawrence_Baker,

Glad to hear that you were able to reset the network from the static IP the dealer previously set!
If you run into any further issues, just let us know!

I will, Its up and running now, music sound fabulous and the stress of today passing as we speak. Thanks, and yes, I will shout if I hit a wall.

much appreciated,

Lawl

1 Like

yes, it was, all sorted now, did a reset and its up and running just fine,

thank though.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.