How long does it take to log in after changing password?

I recently changed my password and I’ve been waiting nearly an hour to log in to my account on my Roon app. What gives??

OK. That’s our music for the party NOT happening. Changed my password earlier today and LO AND BEHOLD, ROON needs to log on to my account??? WTF??? Now I’ve been waiting for an hour trying to log on. Duck me!

Sorry for the trouble here, @Shon_Ellerton! What happens when you try to log in? Have you tried rebooting your Core?

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

I ended up reverting to my old password, but why on earth would it take so long to login with a new password?

I tried changing my password again, and my Roon Server has been stuck on the Logging in… dialog box for a very long time. What is this peculiar behaviour? Why is this happening? Also, now and again, Roon hogs my resources on my NAS drive doing some organising which is effectively bricking my device. I want this organisation to be done in the small hours of the morning or at a time I can set. Not during my listening time. How do you do this?

Now I get a Network Error!

I still have an unresolved issue. I changed my password on the website. I now have to re-enter my password on my roon PC app to get to the core on my NAS. I finally get in, but when I log in using my iPad, it kicks me out of my PC client! And vice versa. This is ridiculous!!

HELP!

Let’s flag @accounts to see if they can help.

Thanks Andy

Hey @Shon_Ellerton,

This is Rebeka with accounts - I wanted to thank you for reaching out when running into issues. Both the accounts and technical teams are here to help.

As far as your account is concerned, there doesn’t seem to be anything wrong with it. If I understand correctly, you’re now able to log in both on your Core and on your remote (iPad). Can you login on your account page?

Our technical team would be best able to help if you could please follow the instructions here when making your post:

Thanks in advance,
Rebeka

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.