I can't log in to Tidal in Roon [Resolved]

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Server Windows 10 Home/16GB RAM, AMD Phenom II X4 840 3,2 GHz/ Roon 1.7 Bulid 528

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet LAN, Router Tp-Link

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Music card in roon cheese, rassbery pi3/digione signature.(LAN)

Description Of Issue

I haven’t had Tidal in Roon for two days. Probably my current account has expired. I have a new account but I can’t enter a new login and password. The window for entering this data does not appear. Nothing happens when I click Settings / Services / Tidal / Log in. I restarted the roon server and cleared the cache.

Itried to add the tidal service using a roon remote device and specifically a phone with an adroid system. The operation was successful.
Why does this not work on the server?

I have had a similar problem 2 or 3 times in last couple of weeks. I am running Roon Server 1.7 Build 528 on a Windows 10 build 1903 (18362.720). I can browse Tidal through Roon on my remote device (an apple iPhone) but when I select something to play - it just hangs. the only remedy I have found is rebooting the win 10 workstation (this is easier than stopping the app and restarting for me). I will try stopping the Roon Server app and restarting. It seems like a security issue between Roon Server and the Tidal service.

I have never had problems with tidal beyond the current problems logging in directly to the server.

I can’t log in to Tidal in Roon. After clicking login, the login and password entry window does not appear. What’s happening ?

Hello @MrSalieri,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Is there any change in behavior if you reboot your Core?

Hi @noris
It is working now. I managed.

Hello @MrSalieri,

It’s hard to say why it didn’t work on the server, but I do know that we’ve recently changed the procedure of logging into TIDAL to force the user to a web browser to complete the process. What is your default browser? We recommend using Chrome for this process. So if you aren’t using Chrome, set that as your default and see if it works!

A post was split to a new topic: I cannot log in to Tidal in Roon

From what I remember I have chrome goggles set as the default browser but I will check it tomorrow. It seems to me that the problem of redirecting to the web for tidal login results from the fact that Windows 10 imposes the use of IE or EDGE. I have a similar problem opening links in Outlook.

Chrome is my default browser. Unfortunately, the problem persists after the latest update :frowning:

Hey @MrSalieri, let’s see what else could be blocking the connection. Do you have a firewall or VPN?

Basic windows 10 firewall, I don’t have VPN

Hello @MrSalieri,

Build 537 contained some items to help with issues in the TIDAL login process. Please update to 537 and test this issue for me one more time. If we don’t get a better result, we will enable diagnostics for your account and see what we can find in the log.

Unfortunately, the problem remained after upgrading to build 537.

Hello @MrSalieri,

Can you note the exact local time + date when this issue next occurs and manually send me a copy of your Roon Logs by using these instructions? The best way to get them over to me would be via this link. Thanks!

Where should I write it? I sent logs.

Here is fine, was that last message about the time I should be looking for?

The computer was turned on yesterday around 13:30 local time, the roon server starts automatically. In the evening I turned off the roon application, sent the logs and turned off the computer.

Anything news regarding my problem?