Interface really dark since build 1.7 (511) on MacOS High Sierra

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

1.7 (511) on MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6

Description Of Issue

Interface is really dark since build 511. See screenshot. Issue is not on my MacBook with Catalina, but only on my old iMac with High Sierra.

Hi @jmvdv,

What kind of graphics card do you have on your Mac affected by this issue? You can find the graphics card by using the instructions listed in this guide. Does this behavior only occur on the dark theme or does the light theme also have strange behavior?

Hi @noris,

Videocard: ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB

With both themes, see attached screenshots.

Hi @jmvdv,

Thanks for confirming that similar behavior occurs even with the light theme. I have compiled a ticket regrading your report and I have asked for QA for some feedback regarding this behavior. I’ll be sure to let you know once I hear back from them on this matter.

1 Like

Hi @jmvdv,

I spoke to QA and we would like to take a look at the logs from the machine affected by this behavior. Can I please request that you send us a copy of your Roon logs from the Mac by using these instructions? If you don’t have Dropbox / Google Drive just let me know and I can provide alternate upload instructions. Thanks!

Same experience for me with late 2009 iMac and same ATI GPU.

1 Like

Hello @noris,

I’ve sent you the logs via a private message.

1 Like

Hi Julius (@jmvdv),

Thank you for sending the logs over, I can confirm I received them and have forwarded them to QA. Please leave the logs uploaded for the time being until QA has a chance to review, we may also need to discuss this behavior with the devs, so I appreciate your patience until that occurs.

1 Like

Hi Julius (@jmvdv),

I wanted to update you and let you know that we have submitted a ticket for dev review regarding this behavior and the ticket is still in the dev review queue at the present time. Thanks!

1 Like

Hello Julius (@jmvdv),

We’ve recently released Roon 1.7 (Build 521) which includes changes that should improve this behavior. Please give it this a try and let us know how it goes!

You can read the full release notes here:

Thanks,
The Team at Roon Labs

Hi @noris,

Now it’s the other way round, the whole interface has a high brightness setting…

1 Like

Happening also to me! See my post Software issue after update

1 Like

Hi Julius (@jmvdv),

Sorry to hear the fix didn’t quite work as expected. Can I please request that you send me a new copy of your Roon logs? You can use the same instructions as before and private message them, thanks!

Hello,

We’ve released a new update, Roon 1.7 Build 528, which contains improvements that we believe will help with the issues you are experiencing here. Please see our release notes below:

Thanks,
The Team At Roon Labs

Working fine here! Thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.