Introducing RoPieee - A RoonBridge-to-go image for the Raspberry Pi

Hard to find anything smaller than 16GB now. If this doesn’t work I’ll visit BestBuy, they’ve got 16s for $10.

I’ll buy a 32M card myself as well for testing purposes.

Good morning all,

Another Saturday, another release :wink:

This release contains the following:

• fix: RoPieee does not reboot when changing settings using the web interface
  • upgraded the Linux kernel with native DSD support for the Oppo Sonica

As always these changes are being pulled in automatically. Of course you can download the latest image from www.ropieee.org as well.

Enjoy!

1 Like

Hello Spockfish,

does this mean after my next reboot it will be up to date?
So the next scheduled reboot is 03 am, then the pull will be effective?

Best regards

René

Yeah, simple but effective :wink:

Cool :slight_smile:

Awsome now I just need to get back home (in a few days time) and get that tested :smiley:

1 Like

I couldn’t get my 32GB Samsung card to work, but a new Sandisk 16GB worked without issue. The good news is now Roon recognizes my DAC as 256 DSD Native capable. The bad news is I thought it was 512 DSD capable.

My playback system consists of:
Rpi3 — USB — Singxer SU-1 (FW2.22) — I2S — Gustard X20 Pro

Thank you for providing this OS so I can try out Native DSD. Please let me know if there is anything I should try to wrangle 512 out of my system.

Hello Spockfish,

since that update also my ifi nano idsd is now supported in Roon with DSD512!
:+1:
:smile:

Best regards

René

2 Likes

Great news. It won’t happen overnight of course and may take a while (and that’s fine) but if the support for the official Pi Touchscreen can work (with album art and even better JiveLite or similar for VU meter !) then this will the best picoreplayer replacement (with DSD512 support for my iFi iDSD Dac)

Nice job.

Would it be possible to add drivers for the ALLO Boss DAC?

A useful feature would be the option to “reboot now” from the web page…

1 Like

A second vote for jivelite integration.

My thinking is to have a Ropieee with a screen displaying what’s playing sitting on the shelf m so that when I’m streaming tidal in party mode I can see what’s playing without having to open up a mobile device. Problems of a 1st world country I know, but it would look very cool.

You can add a Teac UD-503 to the list of Dacs supported natively.

Brilliant

1 Like

Guys,

Another update with some small stuff:

• the web ui has a ‘shutdown’ button
  • support for the Allo BOSS DAC

As usual these changes are being pulled in automatically somewhere the coming 24 hrs.

Have fun!

I think I just started a DL before you posted this… is it on the website yet? I still get this The latest image is from 2017/05/13. Download it here an edit appears to still be the 13/05 file

Need a way to set the time in the web interface…mine is on CEST and I’m +8 UTC so setting the reboot time is a bit troublesome

is there a way yet to display the current version in CLI because after several reboots I still still don’t know if its updated

Crazy slow download location you have… can I mirror it for you on something with a bit more oomph? :stuck_out_tongue: Im on a 1Gbps fibre connection and shouldn’t be this slow

Thanks - will test it out
:smile:

I did not had the time to update the image yet. But as I wrote the updates are been pulled in automatically.
The upload speed is something I’m looking at. This is indeed slooooooowww.

@spockfish as I have no way to tell what the current version is or to force an update I guess I just have to wait to download the last build…unless you can tell me a location to browse on the SD card to see any indication of updates working

Im guessing its not updating for some reason looking at the linux kernel version. Hmmmm still downloading the 20170513.img file :sleeping:

after a final download of 20170513 and running that up I am now at 4.9.27-1-SPCKFSH but still no way to adjust the time to UTC or SGT (UTC+8)

On a brighter not kind of I am getting DSD 22.579 indicating on the OPPO Sonica but Roon is not picking it up in the capabilities display

I flagged the same thing with @brian yesterday and he said it’ll be fixed.

Hi,

Would it be possible to add drivers for the Soekris dam 1021 R-2R DAC?