iPhone 11 Pro - Roon app display tiny [Resolved in iOS Build 433)

I moved your post to here. It is being worked on:

1 Like

Yep, I’m running iOS 13 from the first beta and now iOS 13.1 on my iPhone X and detected no problems at all. I’m waiting for my iPhone 11 Pro Max so I’m very curious if the problem pops up then. Hopefully the Roon team will solve this issue very quick.

Hi Richard,

It seems to be more an issue with the 11 Pro Max screen size. I’ve seen a few apps where items are partly off screen and will need tweaks.

Karen

Having just taken delivery of the iPhone 11pro the roon app font size is that of the last line of a reading chart in Lilliputian
totally useless. Is there a patch to accommodate the high res. screen of the new phones?

The screen resolution has not changed since iPhone X. There is no new higher resolution.

They just need to update the program so that whatever the new model itself is recognized as to have the same resolution as the X and the XS.

Many years ago you’d have misbehaving apps when new iPhones came out. But developers having handled this every year now for 5+ years just pre-empt the changes and update their programs before the new phone releases.

Heck even freeware developers do. Just not Roon developers.

[Moderated]

1 Like

I agree there was no reason for this to happen. XCode has all the emulators you need.

Yes it is not good to be behind like this, especially for a premium product.
Come on Roonies start getting ahead of your game again, instead of dragging behind.

It is just amazing to see the most expensive software I have ever bought in my life to have problems on this phone - whilst not a single free or cheap app is giving me this problem. Go figure

Wow
 all this anger. I understand your frustration
 you folks with $1.0K cell phones only have ONE devise to control Roon?
Guess we have four, two phones, an iPad and the iMac Pro.
Consider loading the AP on some other devises. All good.

2 Likes

I have an iPhone, iPad, and Dell laptop. They all work well controlling Roon.

No anger. Valid criticism. This is not the fight, good against evil :wink:

Roon could have and should have done this in time. This absolutely valid point has been pointed out. Hopefully Roon will take this on in the future

3 Likes

Alas, I should have looked before creating a new topic. Apologies for that. I do like the Roon for ants, and the explanation why there is a disconnect in the timing of app update to support the 11.

The price of being an APPL keener and getting the device the day it’s released!

Look forward to the update!

I have two backups sitting right here. An X and an XS. That’s not the point.

The anger is at how little the app gets updated at least in my case. Other people may feel anger at a lack of updates prior to an annual phone launch which happens every year on the same day and developers get emulators for months in advance.

Either way the anger is not about not being able to use the product as much as how little developers actually care to work on this product.

There is always a buglist or feature request list for any software. The fact it hasn’t been updated in 4 months indicates they may or may not be working on any of it. The fact that they don’t even make updates to maintain functionality with new iPhones means they don’t even devote any development attention even towards keeping the app functionally updated. Now it’s clear to me they made 1.6 and went on long term vacation. It doesn’t bode very well for the future of this system.

Every other developer releases updates prior to the new phone launch. That is a practice in the ios app community. This one is $120/year and they don’t even bother. It means nobody is even looking at the app anymore. How do i know that? Even as a user i am curious about trying ios 13 beta etc. These so called developers don’t have the curiosity to try the app on ios 13 or emulators for the upcoming phones? No curiosity to see what new iOS features could make possible for future versions of the app? It’s like they took their homework and fed it to the dog.

That’s where the anger comes from. If I paid the $500 lifetime subscription i would be fuming.

But what’s $500 in audiophileland? A halfway decent interconnect?

Simply false.

1 Like

FYI, it works absolutely fine with my iPhone XS Max with iOS 13.

We know that. We are talking about the 11 and 11 pro. My xs has been on beta 13 for several weeks and it was working fine.

I fully and perfectly know that, I was just responding to the unfair comment from @Mark_Somerstein.

1 Like

His comment is merely calling out this “we could not have foreseen this” is a lie. This happens every year. The emulators come out months before to prepare for this known annual event.

Saying it’s a problem with the new iPhone is hilarious. What needs to be fixed in the phone? Nothing.

What needs to be fixed in Roon? Maybe a few lines of code which could have been done reasonably anytime in the last 4 weeks.

So if he says the problem is with the phone, that would be a lie. Because the problem is nobody bothered to update the software.

Nope, it is not, it is simply the case the Roon could not get hold of the new iPhone in order to make changes appropriately. It is simply as that.

Anyway, this is trivial, I think the fix would be coming pretty soon.

The problem is: “Roon does not display properly on the new iPhone 11 and 11 Pro.”
The problem is not: “Roon does not display properly with IOS 13.”

The cause of the problem is: “Roon has not been updated to display properly on the new iPhone 11 and 11 Pro”

You may think it’s unfair, but what I said is accurate. What I indicated to be false is indeed false. I should have quoted the false statement to which I replied for clarity, but my reply didn’t pick that up. My error.
Roon could reprogram its iOS app to address the present hardware issue. That’s what I was pointing out. I suppose someone could say that I am being unfair. Fairness is objective, and I disagree. We pay a lot of money for Roon. I think first class, preemptive iOS programming should come with Roon - an assuredly first class audiophile player application. If that is unfair, so be it. Now that I’ve clarified my comment, I will not get into a back and forth over nonsense in an online forum. I’ve seen that too many times.