Is it worth adding Tidal when I already have Qobuz?

Atmos is great. I’m just buying Atmos from Microsoft for 10.49 dollars and getting ready to listen to some Qobuz multichannel files on the HT.

What exactly do you mean when you say buy Atmos from Microsoft? Getting the Dolby app? And if I’ve read this thread appropriately, there is no Atmos in Qobuz today?

So if I may ask, what exactly are you on about friend?

Qobuz doesn’t support Atmos, only Tidal does.

Oddly enough, Qobuz does seem to have a tiny selection of 5.1 music though:

From the SQ point of view, I do not see reason to go for Tidal if you already have Qobuz.

1 Like

Agreed, they both offer lossless. It really comes down to which catalogue suits you better.

With Arc, the app doesn’t really matter either, just the music.

I have the same question but the other way around. Do it worth it swap to Qobuz or maintain both subscriptions?

I am almost agnostic, btw, so MQA is not going to make THAT difference if the available music quantity is larger

1 Like

Started a new topic in Music Services since this is off topic.

For those in the US, BestBuy is having a black friday deal: 3 months of Tidal either HiFi or HiFi Plus for 1 dollar. Just for anyone interested in seeing how it works.

One day Qobuz will discover Africa . Livingstone had it right

The equator is South from Europe BTW.

So Tidal remains perfect for me , I have no clue what I am missing :smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

I went back and forth between tidal and qobuz, eventually stuck with tidal because of their far superior mobile app with artist radio, much higher limit on number of playlist tracks, and probably some other things I don’t remember. (MQA sounds fine at home but I still resent those grifters making money off me.)

Now, ARC helps make Qobuz usable on the mobile side of things, just as roon did on the home side. So I’ll reevaluate, again, at renewal time.

I can’t really justify having both +roon. Haven’t noticed much/any difference between catalogs, but my music preferences are pretty pedestrian.

1 Like

Picked up Tidal again for a month to check out MQA as I’ve just bought my first DAC (iFi Zen DAC V2). Already subbed to Qobuz for close to 2 years now.

Library wise 99% of the music I listen to, both have. So I’ll probably drop Tidal again after the month is up. I do prefer the Tidal app over the Qobuz one though.

Tidal’s app is better for sure, but with Roon the apps shouldn’t really matter.

1 Like

Tidal mobile app is better, though Qobuz is improving. Anyway with Roon there is an added layer. Sound quality wise Qobuz is better.

1 Like

Qobuz is like rare unicorn compared to Tidal here in Europe also. They dont offer service in many regions. Its not even comparable against Tidal sadly for availability. For most Tidal is only option for high quality steam still that has nice artist catalog.

1 Like

Search Neil Young on Qobuz and then on Tidal

Well Neil hates MQA so he pulled all of his hi-res from Tidal

Having a cursory look, it looks the same to me.

I thought he pulled his hires. Is this all CD quality in Tidal?

It is all CD Quality, no gaps in the catalogue as far as I can see.

Right, so this would be consistent with this: