Is there an Roon endpoint that supports multichannel?

Very true, except that the new M1 processor chokes the 5.1 sound quality for reasons only Apple knows. A good 2012/2014 Mac mini does a much better job with 5.1 files.

I have recently implemented this as well, based on a post by Archimago on his blog - works very well!

Very odd, hadnā€™t heard thatā€¦

The M1 mini I bought a year or so ago would not support 5.1 output beyond 44/16. I returned it after my research showed this choke as a feature, not a bug. Found a good used 2012 with 16 gbs RAM for fewer $$ that delivers 5.1 and 2.0 in full res. I am a Mac guy of more than 35 years, but I fail to see the reasoning behind this decision.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what I use and works very well. I originally tried linking my NUC to my Oppo 205 and then to my AVR but it just played in stereo so just link my NUC directly to my AVR.

1 Like

If you have a receiver with analoge multichannel input you could have linked your Nuc to your Oppo 205 and used itā€™s analoge surround outputs to the receiver. That works. Iā€™ve done that with my Media PC.
Going directly from Nuc to Receiver also works fine indeed.

1 Like

Unfortunately my receiver doesnā€™t have analogue inputs so canā€™t use the Oppo in this fashion.

A post was split to a new topic: U-DAC8 multi-channel query