Issue connecting Roon to Tidal account despite rebooting server (ref#R9KJBG)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

Something else

How can we help?

None of the above

Other options

I want to report a metadata issue

Roon will not connect to my Tidal account. Tidal works independently on its own. Tried rebooting Roon core twice but problem persists. Will appreciate any advice.

What type of Roon server are you using?

SonicTransporter

Thanks. Can you tell us which Sonic Transporter software version?

I guess you might be experiencing the issue explained here:

More technical information including manual workarounds is included in this thread:

And there are other SonicTransporter users in this thread who apparently were affected by this with older SonicTransporter installations:

… and fixed it like this …

Also take a look at this new help article for this issue:

My sonicTransporter s/w version is 2.7.

Thank you so much Suedkiez for the links to the issues faced by other sonicTransporter users. I will look through them.

1 Like

Just as a follow up to the thread. I was using 2.5 on my sonicTransporter and Roon wasn’t working after the update. I updated to 2.8 but it still wasn’t working so I deleted Roon Server off of my sonicTransporter and re-installed it. Once everything restarted all was working again.

2 Likes

Hi @Kim_Kong_Yong,
Thanks for reporting this issue to us. I agree with @Suedkiez about this likely being the same issue. Let us know any if the workarounds resolve your problem. Also you can try contacting Small Green Computer from the contact link on their website. https://www.smallgreencomputer.com/

1 Like

That’s great! Thanks for the info David. I will try that.

Yes good advice. I will do that. Thanks Daniel!

Contacted Small Green Computer and Andrew from SGC advised to upgrade to ver 2.8 and that fixed the problem. Tidal + Roon connection is ok now. Didn’t need to uninstall/re-install Roon.

Thanks all!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.