Issue with playing hi-res Tidal music in Roon after subscription upgrade (ref#QG5V18) [Resolved with Build 1401]

Roon is going to have to fix this for people who were not already on Tidal HiFi Plus. They will.

1 Like

Hello Martin
I have read the 3 threads. So for the moment, it is up to Roon to update its app to take into consideration the new subscription from Tidal.
Wait and see then
Thanks

Took how long to fix the last Tidal update, how long to fix this? Also something not right in Tidal I see 4 x 96/24 versions of the same albumm then more at 44.1 seems broken to me.

Hi @Simon_Arnold3,

A considerable portion of the time we’d otherwise spend triaging diagnostics for engineers, we dedicate to policing and decoding your flippant posting here. We always appreciate your technical reports. Kindly do the forum the favor of sparing the Support section your impressions of the product. We have an entire apparatus for that here: Feedback and here Roon Software Discussion. Continue to push the envelope of the Community Guidelines in this subcategory and we will have to assume you’re actively sabotaging our efforts.

This issue has been escalated to QA for a proper response. @morten.vasset, @Jim_F, @ged_hickman1, please stand by and we’ll provide a more thorough picture of what’s happening and how it will be resolved.

6 Likes

Just out of interest in Tidal is your subscription still “hifi plus” or Tidal?
Thanks

It’s whatever the top tier was.

1 Like

Same problem here. Hope to get fixed soon.

When it changes to Tidal at next payment🤞 you are not impacted.

Hi everyone,

Please log out and back into Tidal within Roon and reproduce the issue on the machine. We want to investigate a clean login in diagnostics.

I’m not sure if that is true or not. It depends on how this issue is resolved.

Currently we are on a Streaming Quality called Max. If that stays, we’ll probably be OK. If they replace the Max setting with something called Tidal, we may need to change to that setting.

EDIT: Here, I’m talking about those of us who paid for Tidal HiFi Plus and have the Max streaming quality option still. The point is we may or may not need to do something when this gets resolved. I’m not talking about the people who were on Tidal HiFi and don’t currently have the Max setting.

Complete! :+1:

1 Like

I logged out and back in. Still only have High.

2 Likes

Thank you @eightninenine, @mackid1993, @LikelyLad15.

We should now have the diagnostics we need for escalation. We’ll post here with an update shortly. We appreciate everyone’s patience and we’ll have a clear answer soon.

UPDATE

3 Likes

Still only have High after logging out and then back in.

1 Like

Did that. Same. Only high is the option.

I have tried multiple times (re logging in)(re enabling the music source)(restarting my server) and no differences

I’m seeing the same behaviour. Max is available in the app where it wasn’t before, max isn’t an option in roon.

1 Like

Connor hasn’t been saying that it would fix it, he was just asking for people to do it because “We want to investigate a clean login in diagnostics.”

3 Likes

Some fellow Software Engineer is looking at the logs right now. :upside_down_face:

Hi everyone,

We’ve identified the issue and have a fix in preparation. Thank you for your help submitting diagnostics and performing A/B tests with login.

This fix should bypass #earlyaccess for release into the next public build. Thank you for your patience and we’ll post updates here as available.

19 Likes