Issue with Roon remote connection to server after update (ref#19T7P1)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

I'm having trouble connecting to Roon

What type of connection issue?

Something else

Roon remote cannot connect to server on the same network since Roon update

If you click “Select a different Roon Server” it will show a warning that if you do this, you can’t access your current server. Confirm this, then it will probably display any servers it can find (i.e., your normal one), then click the Connect button.

Let us know if it doesn’t

Thanks. Historically that has worked, but not anymore unfortunately.
I have looked at the work around that Roon has posted, but the DB on my server is not accessible to me.

So which type of Roon Server are you using? If it’s a 3rd-party server or an outdated Linux distribution, chances are that you are in fact experiencing the issue for which Roon posted the workaround, and in this case my above suggestion can’t do anything. This issue with the workaround is a completely different problem.

See the explanations and recommendations:

If you can’t update the OS or the mentioned components, you might be able to fix this with:

Also take a look the new help article:

Thanks for the detailed reply - appreciated.

I have no issue adding files to the server.

No issue streaming.

Do not use remote (cloud) infrastructure.

Issue is just WiFi from iOS Roon remote to the server (Antipodes K30, which is only 1 year old). Also have of course done the usual reboot, power cycle, etc of both.

Yeah, this would be unaffected by the mentioned issue

With other apps? With Roon you probably don’t know if you can’t connect to the Roon server into the first place?

One would hope the software on this isn’t terribly outdated (and hence causing the mentioned problem) but one never knows. At least there are other posts with Antipodes servers that DO look like they might be precisely this issue. You might want to contact Antipodes support to ask if they are affected.

Thanks again.
I have no issues streaming Qobuz.
Can’t attest to the software being outdated or not - they recently did a major upgrade, but everything was working fine afterwards until the Roon update.
Thought I would start here first, but looks like I will need to engage with Antipodes.
Cheers

Yes but with what? With the Qobuz app? Or with Roon (using a different remote?)

I stream Qobuz via Roon.
No issue with using OSX as remote - using either ethernet or with WiFi (exactly as per using the iOS remote).
There are no WiFi connectivity issues between iOS and the network.
I have deleted the Roon Remote app and reinstalled to no avail.

Ah, I see! Then forget the above, you are not experiencing this issue :slight_smile:

So I guess we are back to normal network issue analysis. What’s the IP address of your Antipodes and the iOS remote? (Your router’s admin status page should tell you, there should be a list of connected devices. Else, the iOS and probably Antipodes network settings show them)

I checked IP and Subnet to make sure, even though iOS has no issue connecting to other locations on the network.
I can ping the Roon server from iOS, but Roon still cannot connect - simply no response

I’m afraid I’m out of ideas, sorry. Other than the usual of rebooting everything

Thanks for your help - appreciated.

I deleted Roon Remote and reinstalled it on my iOS devices. That worked.

Thanks. Done it a few times but unfortunately no go. Tks

Still can’t work also tried to reboot still can’t connect. What is going on Roon Nucleas. ?

You able to resolve?

Unfortunately no resolution.

If you have a Nucleus you should open your own topic in Nucleus Support, not hijack another user’s unrelated thread.

Hi @Mark_Stewart,

The RoonServer instance can reach our servers and appears to be on the same subnet as at least one Remote. But no iOS devices have registered with Roon on this network.

Do you have Private WiFi enabled on any iOS machines? What about firewalls or third-party security? Any VPNs?

Let’s start with network topology - how is your K30 connected to the internet? You mentioned WiFi previously - what happens if you hardwire the server via ethernet?

We’ll keep an eye out for your response.